Why Do I Have Deep Creases from Corner of my Eyes After Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

Hello, I had upper and lower eyelid surgery 5 1/2 months ago and I now have deep creases from the corners of my eyes that I did not have before surgery. Also, I have a dark hollow in the outer corner of my left eye as well as a dark spot on the top of my left cheek. I have included photos of before and after. Also, is the feeling of tightness that I sometimes feel around my eyes normal after this long? I am 58. Thank you.

Eyelid surgery - creases

+1

Your result is very good!  The creases on the corner of your eyes appear to be the incisions from your lower eyelid surgery.  If that persists, you may consider treating the area with scar revision.  If that crease is what is commonly called "crow's feet" then Botox is a good treatment.  Revisit with your surgeon at some point in the next few months to get a evaluation of those areas and your other areas of concern.  I think you have some pigment change in your skin that was present prior to surgery that may explain the dark spot. 

Best Wishes!

Why Do I Have Deep Creases from Corner of my Eyes After Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery?

+1

The posted photos show lateral muscle action. so the eye lid operation DOES not address that area. Try BOTOX injections to help alleviate the creases. 

Creases after upper and lower lid surgery.

+1

The post op photo is with the muscle contracted and difficult to evaluate. I think you needed a brow lift for the sagging skin with or without upper lid surgery. Now u still have the sagging skin causing the creases.