Will Keloid Injection Affect Breastfeeding?

My dermatologist advised me to take injections for my keloid, but I’m also breastfeeding. Is it ok? Will it affect the baby?

No. Most importantly, even if the dermatologist uses the strongest (least dilution) strength of steroid 10 mg/cc he or she is likely to be injecting well less than a 1/2 cc. This comes out to 5 mg. tops. Plus this is a depot shot which means that it will be slowly released through time. Thus at any time you will be receiving maybe 2 mg.tops systemically. It would probably take about 20 times that for any effect and probably 40 times that for a deleterious effect on your baby.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist