A Half Vial of Juvederm for Lips?

As a University graduation present to myself, I would like to get lip injections. I don't want them to look super fake, and I'm wondering if 1/2 a vial of Juvederm would be enough, or would I need a full? Thanks!

One syringe of Juvederm in the lips is not enough to make you look fake.

+1

I'm from Toronto myself.  A half-syringe of Juvederm is a small amount (a half cc).  A full syringe (1 cc) is a better option and will not make you look fake at all.  In fact, it is not unusual for us to use two syringes to fill out the lips.  So I would recommend that you have one syringe at a minimum.  That way you won't feel that you need to go back and get more, and it will be a worthwhile present to yourself.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

One half vial of filler for lips

+1

You could do 1/2 of a vial (syringe) of Juvederm for lips but if you want to start slowly and not waste the second hal;f of the vial consider a half syringe of Restylane.  Juvederm only comes in full syringes, Restylane comes in half and full. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes, half a Juvederm vial can help lips

+1
  • A half vial of Juvederm for the lips will give a nice improvement without looking done.
  • Have the doctor spread it evenly with slightly more in the lower lip than the upper. You will likely do fine with 1/2 to 3/4 of a tube and not look "done".
  • Give yourself a day or two for swelling to go down.
  • Bruising can happen, so avoid aspirin, advil, or fish-oil supplements for at least a week beforehand which can stimulate bleeding.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon