Is MiXto Laser As Good As Fraxel Repair?

I'm a 35-year-old Asian, and I have acne scars and pigmentation all over my face. I'm wondering, is MiXto Laser as good as Fraxel Repair? Or is it better compared to other laser treatments?

Mixto Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing Can Help To Diminish Acne Scars

+3

Mixto fractional laser resurfacing works beautifully to help reduce scarring caused by acne. This CO2 (carbon dioxide) laser helps to deliver a precise matrix of Microspots that penetrate to the dermis and stimulate the formation of new collagen. At the same time, immediate shrinkage of damaged tissue is achieved.

The Mixto improves pigmentation problems, reduces pore size appearance, wrinkles, acne scars, and other textural irregularities. The laser has an additive effect and many patients will notice greater improvement when they have multiple sessions.

Compared to traditional skin resurfacing, clients experience less downtime and are more comfortable during the procedure. It is unlikely that anyone procedure will completely smooth the skin from acne scars but my patients have noticed an improvement ranging from 30-60 %.

When you compare it to Fraxel make sure you are comparing it to the Fraxel Re:pair which is based on the same CO2 laser technology as Mixto. The older fraxel model is based upon erbium and may not give the same improvement.

Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Mixto laser likely better for ethnic skin for Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing

+2

I am speaking as someone who has performed more than 150 cases of Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for ethnic skin, e.g. Hispanic and Asian skin. My anectodal clinical experience tells me that Mixto is a better consideration for ethnic skin vs. Fraxel Repair or Total Fx as Mixto technology brings about more coagulation on the skin, less pinpoint bleeding, and slightly less risk of pigmentation. However, pre-treatment of ethnic skin prior to Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is a must and you should work with an experienced board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to get the best clinical outcome.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

MiXto SX Micro Fractional CO2 Laser

+2

I chose the MiXto SX Micro Fractional CO2 Laser having used several different lasers before for acne scars, wrinkles and sun related discoloration. I purchased it because in my opinion it provided superior results wth less downtime.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Mixto is a good option for acne scars

+2

The fractional carbon dioxide technology behind both the Mixto and Fraxel re:pair systems is a good choice for acne scars. Unfortunately acne scars are a very difficult problem and getting a 50% improvement in your skin texture would be an excellent result (most patients will get 25-50% improvement). Expect it to take several treatments to get the best results possible ni patients with signficicant acne scars.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Mixto is an amazing tool

+2

The Mixto offers and excellent therapeutic profile- it is highly effective in the improvement if acne scarring, wrinkles, and sun damage/brown spots, with a very short, comfortable recovery period and low risk. The "micro-fractionation" is the key- because the laser spots are smaller than other fractional lasers, the recovery and risk profiles are more favorable, without compromising on the outcome.

For the deepest acne scars, it may be necessary to consider more than one treatment, but even a single treatment usually results in significant improvement.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Fraxel For Acne Scars

+1
Thank you for your question. At my practice, I have gotten excellent results for scarring with Fraxel. This treatment eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers, redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Mixto microfractional laser vs Fraxel repair

+1

I have performed more than1700 procedures with the Mixto Microfractional CO2 laser since 2007. I have performed more than 4600 CO2 laser procedures since 1992. I have also performed a surgery Using Mixto CO2 on one side of the patient and Fraxel CO2 on the other side. Neither the patient or 5 laser surgeons can see any difference. My Conclusion is that in spite of laser manufacturers claims, there is no difference between lasers. The most important factor is the skill of the surgeon

Michael Tomcik, MD
San Ramon Dermatologist