Can I Switch to Braces if I'm Not Satisfied with Invisalign?

From the reviews that I have read, I'm kinda convinced,but I am also a little worried about getting Invisalign. Also, I have read that braces are faster. Can I switch to braces after Invisalign?

You can absolutely switch to braces after Invisalign

+1

If you are unhappy with the results from Invisalign, you can switch at any point to braces. There may be some added cost, depending on the office policy.

Atlanta Orthodontist

Switching from Invisalign IS an option

+1

There usually is a fee associated with the switch, but changing from one to the other is possible.  Each office will have their own policy so be clear before you start

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/invisalign-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Switching From Invisalign to Braces

+1

I have not yet had a patient who wanted to switch from Invisalign to metal braces.  However, if you found that you were unable to wear the trays properly and you wanted the metal braces instead, you could always do that -- with added expense.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.