Can I Get Invisalign for Only my Top Teeth? (photo)

I am looking into Invisalign teen for myself because I want to straighten out my top teeth. As you can clearly see in the photo that my bottom teeth somehow are perfectly straight. I am 16 years old but I am turning 17 and I just feel like its too late for me to get braces and also I have senior pictures coming up in a year. I have to pay for my own invisalign so I'm just trying to save myself hundreds to thousands of dollars by just getting my top teeth done because that's really all I need.

Invisalign Treatment for only the Upper Teeth

+1

Hi,

When we straighten teeth, we like to have control (and correct) both the upper and lower teeth, so that your bite fits better together. Whenever there is only the upper or the lower that is straightened out, you loose that control.  

From a time and cost standpoint, I don't believe there should be a difference by doing both. You are taking the time and putting in the investment into your teeth, and for that you should be commended.  Better to do it right the first time.  Your orthodontist will be able to give you the full details once she/he has had an examination of your teeth. 

Toronto Orthodontist

Invisalign on top teeth only?

+1

You have quite a bit of crowding on top so it is a challenging case to not have relapse. Be ready to wear Vivera retainers for a long time. Beside having the lower teeth straight, your bite will do best if the arch is the same shape top and bottom and there is some contact. This might mean doing a little bit of Invisalign on the bottom. Invisalign costs and timing will be the same, one arch or two.

Robert Penning, DMD
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Probably

+1

But the fee structure from Invisalign is that it would cost the same.  By treating both arches, there is a bit more control of the case.  It is best to determine this after a clinical exam and data sent to Invisalign for computer evaluation.  You likely won't save any time or money by doing just the upper arch.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for the upper teeth

+1

Invisalign will always be a slightly more expensive process then braces will be. Most of the time both upper and lower teeth need to be moved at the same time to make sure that your bite fits properly. Moving just the upper with Invisalign versus both will not make it much less expensive.

Tanya Vaysman, DMD
New York Orthodontist