Braces Vs Invisalign for Receding Gums

What would be the best form of braces if you have receeding gums? My front of teeth sit out too much and the front 2 are crooked. I would be keen for a quick fix such as the Invisaligh Lite braces however I am unsure if this would be wise with my associated receeding gum problem.

My 2nd option would be for the lingual braces (behing the teeth) however, I am put off by this due to the length of time it takes to see improvement. The tradational braces are not an option I want discretion!

Invisalign is best for invisable teeth straightening.

+1

Gum recession can be caused by gum disease and traditional braces,even the lingual braces prevent you from properly brushing and flossing. The easy answer is clearly Invisalign..They are completely removable for cleaning and dont cause a flossing problem..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is easy to keep teeth clean

+1

Invisalign is great from a hygiene standpoint, but it won't help with gum recession.  You should consult with a periodontist before treatment, as your case may need more than just tooth alignment.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign with receeding gums?

+1

In general, Invisalign is better for people with gum problems because it is much easier to clean the teeth without braces.  Invisalign also lets the orthodontist program the movement to minimize moving any teeth too far out of the supporting bone/gum support decreasing the likelyhood of any additional gum recession

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Braces or Invisalign for receding gums

+1

Since conventional braces are not an option for you the best thing to do is to visit a doctor experienced with both Invisalign and lingual braces.  That way you'll get the information you need to make the best choice for you.  From your description it is hard to say whether Invisalign will provide the best result, but it will definitely accomplish something.  Sometimes Invisalign is better than braces, such as when there are gum problems which require extensive flossing each day.  Invisalign allows you to floss and clean just like normal, whereas braces make that more difficult.

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist