Insurance Coverage for Double Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

So my eyelids have no crease and when i started using contacts around 6th grade, everything was normal. However, I started getting infections CONSTANTLY. ): My eye doctor told me that it's because my eyelids are droopy and rather thick and that because of it, the oil on the skin of my eye lids form styes. )): Will my insurance cover it?

Asian eyelid surgery and insurance coverage

+1

Morning Poohbearstory,

insurance coverage for Asian eyelid surgery. Oohh, that's a tough one. If you do have a lot of excess oily skin that is causing you frequent infections of the eyelash hair follicles then all you can do is get this well-documented by your doctor and submit the notes in the request for surgery. At worst it will be denied. Being young and not having visual field deficits it could be difficult to get this covered. Possibly some component it could be covered. You need to start by getting good documentation from your ophthalmologist and then a note from an experienced Asian eyelid surgeon.

I hope that is helpful

Chase Lay, MD

Web reference: http://chaselaymd.com/Asian_Eyelid_Surgery.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Insurance might cover Blepharoptosis

+1

I think you are mixing two procedures as the Blepharoptosis which is the procedure that will fix your issues and the discomfort you are having for long time , that insurance can cover but again depend on the insurance company and your policy but the double eyelid surgery insurance will not cover this as this is considered as cosmetic surgery which goes to create a crease for you and i agree that you should go for consultation with Oculoplastic surgeon to help answering all your questions .

Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid

+1

Droopy eyelid [ptosis] repair is sometimes covered by insurance depending on how badly it is affecting your visual field.

Double eyelid surgery or lid crease reformation is a completely cosmetic procedure that is not covered by insurance.

The two surgeries can be done at the same time however, if needed.

You can find an oculoplastics surgeon for consultation using the link below.

Web reference: http://www.asoprs.org/custom/directory/?pageid=3657&showTitle=1

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Insurance Coverage for Double Eyelid Surgery?

+1

What you are describing does not quite fall into the category of "double eyelid", but rather into a category known as "blepharoptosis" or "upper eyelid ptosis", commonly known as droopy eyelids, and the single view you have submitted appears to confirm this.  However, in order to definitively establish this diagnosis you would need to be evaluated carefully by a plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.  This condition causes problems with your visual fields, especially in the upper gaze and lateral gaze, and keeping your eyes open becomes more difficult and tiresome as the day goes by because the eyelids become droopier towards the end of the day.  If you have these symptoms and your diagnosis is established some insurance policies will cover your surgery.