Does Insurance Normally Cover Vitiligo Treatment?

I've had vitiligo for a few years now and it's getting worse. I want to try some treatments to see if I can get rid of it or at least stop it from continuing to get worse, but I'm afraid I won't be able to afford it because from what I understand vitiligo requires long-term treatment. Does insurance normally cover treatment for vitiligo?

Perhaps

+1

Insurance will generally cover the medical treatment of vitiligo including topical treatments. However, coverage of laser or IPL treatment of vitiligo is problematic. This would depend on the individual company. I have found that about half of companies will cover such treatment. 

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Vitiligo and insurance

+1

Insurance generally does cover the treatment of vitiligo. In our area, we occasionally need to obtain prior authorization from the insurance company for certain treatments such as narrow-band uvb phototherapy, but they will usually reimburse for such therapy.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist