No Insurance. Should I Try Accutane?

I am 24. I have tried numerous OTC medications, including Proactive, for my acne. When I was younger and had insurance I was on benzaclin which also did nothing to help. I found a website where you can buy generic Accutane for a decent price. I was wondering if that is something I should try next. I have pretty bad pitted scars as well as active cystic acne currently.

Isotretinoin (Accutane) Only Under Physician Supervision

+1

Isotretinoin, the medicine in Accutane, is our most potent and effective treatment for severe, resistant or persistent acne.  While a wonderful medicine, it does has a host of side-effects and risks that you must be screened and monitored for. 

Additionally, you must be wary of medicines available over the internet.  Since Isotretinoin is only available in the US by prescription, your source must be coming from outside the US and there is no guarantee of quality control, or even that what you receive is actually true Accutane.  There are horror stories of people having severe problems with medicines obtained this way.

Be sure to see your Board Certified Dermatologist to discuss the proper use and monitoring of this very effective therapy.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Online Accutane

+1

It is imperative that you be overseen by a physician when taking Accutane. This is not a medication that should be self-prescribed or self-monitored. So, you need to not just order any type of medication online. You need to discuss it with a physician, and even if you can get medications online from various international pharmacies, legitimate ones will still require you to have a prescription from a doctor. 

F. Victor Rueckl, MD