Botox Wears off in One Month, Should I Try Dysport?

ive been injected by botox type 3 time already, but in less than 1 month my forehead lines are back, what do i do, which brand shall i choose now that will last the said period of 3-4months?

Try Dysport

+2

Although both Dysport and Botox are Botulinum Type A, sometimes Dysport will work where Botox seems to be flagging in strength. Thus it would be a good idea to switch and see what happens. It is said, though not documented in a study that Dysport lasts a month or so longer.

Rarely, you can develop antibodies and therefore Botox will lose its potency. You might also ask whether your physician had gone on vacation and used "old" Botox. Similarly it is not a bad idea to ask to examine  the bottle, and check the hologram to ensure that the Botox was not obtained from China, Europe or elsewhere. And, of course, maybe your physician was having a bad day and his/her technique was off.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

BOTOX should not wear off in one month

+1

BOTOX should not wear off in one month. You may not be getting the right dosage. Be sure to choose a physician who is experienced in BOTOX. According to the FDA insert, Dysport lasts for a similar amount of time as BOTOX. However, some patients do report that their results have lasted longer with Dysport and are happier with this alternative toxin. Dysport is always worth trying.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

My Botox only lasts one month!

+1

If your Botox is working when initially injected and then ceases to work after one month, you should probably look for another injector.  Either you are not getting real Botox or you are getting too much solution (saline solution that Botox is mixed with) and not enough actual Botox itself.  In either case, you may want to search for another injector.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Dysport can help!

+1

Botox should last 3-4 months if diluted properly and administered properly.  Most patients who are not satisfied with Botox usually need more units injected.  I have had some patients who have had Botox for a long time and are not getting the same results after many years of treatment.  In these patients dysport has worked great.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Botox lasting 1 month = You are getting Dilute, Watered Down Botox

+1

When fresh, non-dilute, genuine (not fake or gray market) Botox is administered by a Plastic surgeons who knows what he is doing, the effect lasts 3-6 months. It is unheard of for Botox to last 1 month.

Every time I saw patoents with the repeated complaint :"Botox does not work on me...", they were  getting their "Botox" from a bargain injector, probably not even an MD, much less a Plastic Surgeon who injected them with either dilute, old, gray market or fake Botox with predictable ineffective consequences.

To read THE Most Comprehensive page on BOTOX on the Internet, go to the link below -

Dr. P. Aldea

Botox not lasting long

+1
Your best bet is first to discuss this with your dermatologist. It Is more likely an issue of not enough product injected. If this is the case, it is unlikely that treatment with Dysport will yield better results. Good luck!

Ritu Saini, MD

Botox longevity

+1

You need to ask your doctor/injector, how many units did he/she use.

My guess is that too few units were used, hence the short -lived result.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox not lasting long in forehead

+1

your problem of short acting botox may be a result of not enough units of botox from a conservative physician. It might be worth a visit to a different board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Ronald Shelton, MD

Try Dysport if Botox Doesn't Work

+1

First,  I would suggest taking with the doctor who performed your injections and make sure that you got an adequate initial injection. For the forehead, I would suggest at least 10 units and more preferably 20 units. If this is the case, then consider Dysport. I have had great success and some patients have noted that Dysport has lasted longer than Botox for them.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alternatives to Botox Cosmetic

+1

All of us that have a lot of botox patients will run into cases like yours.  I also agree with what others have posted.  One, make sure you have a trial with enough med, that is recently reconstituted and placed correctly.  If that failed, then consider dysport.  It is possible to respond to dysport where your prior history with botox cosmetic was suboptimal.  In general, given equivalent dosing schedules, we have had more failures with dysport than botox, but each case is different.

Most of my patients that don't get a normal duration from botox are fast metabolizers. Runners, personal trainers, or just personalities that are constantly on the move.  Something to consider for a reason in your case.

Later this year additional competition will also hit the market, including puretox and other companies version of botulinum toxin.  Keep your ears open for this if dysport is too short too.

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon