Machine As an Alternative to Botox?

I saw a hand held machine that can be used as an alternative to Botox on the the news. The machine was invented for Bell's Palsy patients. What is the name of that machine?

Relaxed Expressions is the machine that is used as an alternative to BOTOX

+2

There is a machine that is used as an alternative to BOTOX. It is called Relaxed Expressions. This machine actually relaxes the muscle by stunning the nerve. I have used it, but have found that it’s not a great alternative and it is still in clinical trials.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Gfx notox radiofrequency device

+1

were you referring to the radiofrequency energy device from Bioform, the No Tox, GFX? A needle is introduced to the nerve that contracts the muscle, and unlike Botox that makes the muscle inactive by inhibiting the juction of the nerve and muscle, this radiofrequency energy delivered by the GFX can inactivate the nerve. The device has not caught on much by physicians and involves a steep learning curve such that some patients may not develop a response until the physician becomes experienced at it.

A machine to replace Botox? I don't think so!

+1

The machine I believe you are speaking about does the exact opposite of Botox. Rather than relaxing the muscle like botox, it builds/strengthens and tones the muscles. It may build bulk but it may also increase the lines.

Mechanical Alternatives to Botox

+1

Hi,

There are a couple to "Botox alternative" machines.  One uses electrode needles with radiofrequency energy to heat the nerves that cause the wrinkles.  It  needs to be repeated about 9 to 12 months.  The other machine that helps with facial rejuvenation is called the "Perfector" .  It uses nano-current galvanic energy to stimulate muscles giving a lift to the face.  It needs to be consistently used for success.  Pelleve` and Accent XL uses radiofrequency energy topically to tighten the face.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Machine vs Botox

+1

There is no machine available to day that can do what Botox does.  Perhaps this will happen one day in the future. Sorry.

"No-Tox" device not approved as a botox alternative

+1

There is a device that is used to inactivate the nerves that go to the corrugator muscles, the most common target for Botox. It is approved for general use on nerves, but not specifically for cosmetic purposes as a Botox alternative. The procedure takes about 45 minutes to do, there is usually some swelling and bruising, and anesthetic blocks are used because it is rather uncomfortable. Results last 6-9 months, though it was hoped that it would be longer. Botox on the other hand takes about a minute to do and shouldn't hurt. For these reasons I don't think we will see the No-Tox machine on the market in its current form.

No machines or creams can substitute for Botox

+1

Botox works by relaxing the muscles that create lines in the overlying skin. There are no machines on the market that can do the same thing. There is a device that can surgically cut the nerves but nerves can re-attach as well. Any advertised over-the-counter machines have little to no long term effect on facial wrinkles. As for creams being "better," again this is advertising and no cream can relax the muscles either. They can smooth or plump the skin with moisture but are un-related to the actions of Botox.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_botox.html