Indented Depressed Scars on Nose That Looks Like Very Large Pores? (photo)

Indented scars on my nose that looks like very large pores and are very obvious under brightly lit area. The scars has been there for many years (around 7-10 years). Most of them appeared after pimple popped or after blackhead removed. What is the safest permanent remedy to healing the scars (so it's not indented and red), which kind of professional do I look for to perform the remedy and roughly how much would it cost? Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Large pores on nose

+1

For basic daily skin care I would suggest a salicylic acid wash such as Clenziderm used with a Clarisonic Ultrasonic Skin System and applying Retin A nightly to your nose and any other oily areas such as forehead and chin.  80% TCA applied as microdroplets to the pits does work but has to be applied very carefully and done in a series of 3-4 applications.   Profractional laser treatments can also be of benefit.  Each of these procedures and your own home care are diminishing the size of the pits, increasing dermal collagen all of which contribute to smoother skin and smaller pores.  Good luck!

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Indented scars on nose respond well to TCA Cross

+1

I have found a relatively inexpensive with little risk procedure for this - TCA Cross. It uses highly concentrated TCA (a peel chemical) to induce the body to produce collagen to "fill" these areas.  It takes about 4-6 treatments with very little downtime.  I would try this first.  It no results, try Fraxel 1550 laser.

Steven F. Weiner, MD