Flabby Thighs and Cellulite - Best Treatment?

i am overall slim and happy with my shape -47 years old 125 lb. however my thights are flubby and show cellulate and inner tights are hanging. Is there a non-sergical procedure -i have seen adds for lip slimming seccions - would that help at all? or a waste of $$ , what about special garments advertised?

Cellulite treatments don't work

+3

To date there are no technologies I am aware of that will tighten flabby thighs and improve cellulite.  These are a waste of hard earned money.

Cellulite treatment

+2

The appearance of cellulite can improve in some patients with ongoing treatment with both endermologie or Velashape.  There are a few patients, but not all, who have been treated by Thermage with improvement.  For the most part, cellulite is a chronic condition and caffeine creams may temporarily make it less noticable as does weight loss, but nothing makes it go away.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Cellulaze shkin thightening

+1
  • I think the real benefit of the Cellulaze procedure is when the laser tightens the skin to reduce the cellulite. Most of the energy delivered during the procedure is from running the laser in very close proximity to the deep surface of the skin. This stimulates skin thickening and tightening which reduces the appearance of the cellulite. If you don't deliver enough energy to the skin or don't get the laser close enough the results are less predictable. Hope this helps.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo & Cellulaze

+1

You may be a candidate for both Cellulaze and Smartlipo. Smartlipo will remove the unwanted fat pockets while Cellulaze will smooth over the skin keeping it cellulite-free.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Best Treatment for Thighs and Cellulite

+1

Thank you for your question. There are non-invasive procedures that can help with fat reduction and cellulite such as Coolscupting and Vaser shape.  I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment options. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze for cellulite treatment

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats all anatomice causes of cellulite.  Other modalities only treat one or two fo the problems, so the relust is only temporary or suboptimal. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulite treatment

+1

Consider cellulaze which utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

New Device for Cellulite treatment

+1

Cellulite is a difficult problem to correct, but I have been using a new device call REACTIOn from Viora Medical. This system uses radiofrequency to help reduce cellulite, reduce fat, and tighten the skin. While no device is perfect, this system works better than the many other systems I have used in the past. To treat cellulite, you chould expect about 6 treatments done once per week. The cost depending on the area is between $2000-2500. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Best Treatment for Flabby Thighs and Cellulite

+1

Hi Juli,

There is a company call Pollegen that is currently running studies with a device called Maximus.  Perhaps if you find a center that is participating in the study, you can be treated at no or minimal cost to you.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD