Can I Switch to Spanx Instead Of Compression Garment? (photo)

Hello. I am just now 18 days out from lipo of upper/lower abs, flanks, outer thighs and knees. (also had a breast lift/saline implant). My garment is starting to 'slide down' as I wear it. Too loose now. It is the Marena that comes from just under the breasts with a wide elastic band to mid calf, side zippers/eyehooks on sides. I have taken measurements and have lost 10 inches all over so it makes sense I suppose. My doc is on vacation. Do y'all think I'd be Okay in spanx at this point?

Garment post liposuction

+1

I advise wearing garments for 3-4 weeks post op. I think spanx is fine and I recommend them often.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Spanx after Liposuction

+1

Great question. A spanx garment should be fine but you should check with your surgeon. Some surgeons will recommend a stage 2 garment which is tighter when the swelling subsides post op.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Can I Switch to Spanx Instead Of Compression Garment? (

+1

Spanx should be equally effective--we often have our patients switch to them after a week or so. Do check with your surgeon, though.

All the best. 

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Sure you can, but I would discuss this with your surgeon. In my experience, after 3 weeks you should be OK. The garments keep the swelling even and provide you with some comfort. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Switching Compression Garment after Liposuction

+1

After 18 days, that may be OK.  I usually let my patients switch garments if the first garment is loose.  A loose garment is certainly not doing you any good.  Someone at the plastic surgeon's office should be able to answer your question.  Someone is always covering.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA