I Just Had a Rhinoplasty and Corrective Surgery for a Deviated Septum and I Have Sleep Apnea? (photo)

Can I use a CPAP mask that attaches under the base of my nose and blows air up? I do, however, wake up in pain from using this. It feels as though the blood circulation is being cut off. What should a I do? My apnea is sever. Thanks.

CPAP After Rhinoplasty

+1

CPAP After Rhinoplasty - I would never recommend using a CPAP after rhinoplasty for at least 3-4 weeks, if possible.

Rhinoplasty before and after, sleep apnea

+1

Dear David,

• You should check with your surgeon to see when you can start using your CPAP machine again
  • In general, you can use a CPAP machine after nasal surgery
  • If you are uncomfortable, you may need your machine set to a lower pressure (now that your nose is more open)

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Sleep Apnea After Rhino

+1

You should follow your surgeons advice on this one. If you were my patient I would not feel comfortable with you using a CPAP mask for 3-4 weeks after a septoplasty.

Richard J. Brown, MD