Had Vi Peel For My Large Pores With No Results? What Now?

I have large pores next to my nose and it really bothers me! I tried vi peel but it did nothing. Can fillers help make them smaller?

VIPeel for Large Pores with No Results?

+2

I do not feel that peels or laser treatments have much to offer for large pores. The pore opens up below the skin, so even if you resurface the skin the larger pore structure deeper in the skin is not treated.

It makes more sense to reduce pores by reducing the activity of the sebaceous or oil glands. One way I have found to reliably do this is retinoids, such as used in either the Obagi or ZO skin program.  I have noted a significant reduction in pore size and apearance of enlarged pores after being on one of these programs for several months.

I have tried Medlite YAG laser facials for pores. It works better for tone and texture than to reduce pore size.

Large pores are a difficult problem, and I think the best approach is medical, with retinoids rather than with lasers at this time..

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

RR Retinoid Repair Cream and Melarase

+1

I would use a combination of the RR Retinoid Repair Cream alongside the Melarase Melapads to reduce pore size. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS