Hypertrophic Scar on Bridge of my Nose - How Can I Get Rid of It? (photo)

I had an accident nearly 2 years ago and fell off a quad bike in the desert resulting in the skin on the bridge of my nose splitting open. I didn't need stitches according to doc - had to just wear a bandage for a few days. The wound healed alright but since then I've had a raised scar which really bothers me. What can be done about it? Corticosteroid injections? silicone pads? are these effective? or is this for good? I've posted some pics to help assess. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Doctor Answers 2

Hypertrophic Scar on Bridge of my Nose - How Can I Get Rid of It?

Posted photos out of focus. But better to seek In person opinions from boarded Pss in your area/city.

Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Hypertrophic Scar on Bridge of my Nose - How Can I Get Rid of It?

Silicone containing products or steroid injections might be helpful for you. It is very difficult to assess your scar based on the photos you've submitted. One option I use very often for nasal scar is spot dermabrasion during which the scar tissue is "sanded" to smooth and blend it into the surrounding skin. Laser resurfacing is a similarly employed option. Seek a consultation with a highly experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist for specific advice. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 79 reviews

9695 S. Yosemite Street
Lone Tree, Colorado 80124

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.