How to Get Rid of a Red Mark on my Nose? (photo)

Hi, Ive got a raised red mark on my nose. Ive had it for about 3 years from acne. Whats the best way to get rid of it? Ive just started using Bio oil to see if it helps.

How to Get Rid of a Red Mark on my Nose?

First off, it is important to be evaluated by either a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist to ensure that this spot is not something to be concerned about. If you have a small skin cancer or something worrisome you don't want someone trying to hide it with a laser. This unfortunately happens with serious consequences for the patient. Assuming that the redness is due to scar tissue or prominent blood vessels, the area can be treated with a vascular laser. While this can require multiple treatments, the procedure is typically very effective. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon