Is HPL As Effective As IPL Laser for Hair Removal?

I am considering buying a home laser for hair removal. There are two which keep popping up. However, one is HPL and the other is IPL. I hear IPL is what medical grade hair removal lasers use. However, the HPL is more user friendly and apparently less painful. I am afraif of spending a lot of money for something which will not be effective in the long term. Is an HPL system effective for decent hair reduction?

Evaluation of Home Laser Hair reduction

+1

Home laser hair removal has a long tradition using:

1. Waxing effective for six to eight weeks; however leaves red spots where the hair is removed

2. Chemical depilatory: Calcium thioglycolate is an over-the-counter product which dissolves elements in hair allowing it to be scraped from your skin. Hair regrows in the usual time, face two weeks, legs a month.

3. Home Light emiting diodes: These product may someday be effective. Current owners must know that the technology will change and soon; buyer beware.

Traditional laser are safe and effective. For the forseeable future remain the gold standard for permanent hair reduction.