How Much Does Vaser Liposelection Cost?

I am finding that the area I live in, only Dermatotlogists are performing the procedures. I have been quoted a price of $13,500 to do my abs, flanks and inner thighs. What is the cost per area for vaser lipo?

Cost of Vaser Lipo Procedure in London UK

+7
In our clinic, we don't price procedures based on areas because it's not a fair or transparent approach.  A single area could require the removal of 0.5 litres or 5.0 litres of fat, and the amount of time needed will be completely different.  

Indeed, fair Vaser lipo pricing depends on the resources needed for the procedure.  Operating theatres, nurses, anaesthetists, and doctors all bill by the hour, and so a patient with only a small amount of fat to remove shouldn't have to pay as much as one who needs significantly more.

The time needed for a Vaser procedure depends on three main factors:

• the volume of fat to be removed
  • the density of connective tissue (which affects how rapidly the fat can be removed)
  • the precision required (for example, high-def Vaser requires significantly more care than general body sculpting)
We publish a matrix on our website that provides clear price guidelines based on volume of fat, skin type, and precision (see external link below).  Patients can use this to estimate the cost of their procedures.

The aesthetic result of a Vaser lipo will also depend on the quality of the post-operative care (including the number of visits), so check to see whether this is included in the price, or is paid for separately.  

London Dermatologist

Costs of VASER Liposuction

+3

VASER liposuction is an ultrasound assisted liposuction procedure which uses the energy of the ultrasound was to cavitate (break up) the fat cells into smaller cells.  There are many different types of doctors who perform liposuction, but you need to be careful.  Price is not indicative of skill.  I have a practice in Miami, FL and New York, NY and my prices in NY are higher then in Miami due to geographical location.  Also, getting the best, lowest price does not mean you are getting the best result. VASER liposuction, and liposuction in general is a difficult procedure to perform and can have complications.  It is better to pay more for a talented, experienced physician then pay less and then have to pay more to get it corrected.  I charge a lot more for revisions than primary surgeries as it is harder to get a better result.  In Miami, I typically charge around $8000 for VASER lipo of abdomen, flanks, and inner thighs.  Do your homework and choose wisely.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

VASER lipo cost

+3

Wow!  $13,500 is really a high price.  Of course, the prices vary by areas of the country.  The prices are generally lower when there are more doctors in an area doing VASER.  Therefore, there is more competition which drives the prices down.  You may be in an area where there are few doctors doing VASER in which case those few doctors would charge more.

In central Florida, the cost would be in the $4,000-$6000 range depending on whether you had local anesthesia in the office or had general anesthesia in the outpatient surgery center. 

Stanley Castor, MD

Vaser liposuction cost?

+3

Before I answer the costs issue, I will address the 'no plastic surgeons in your area' doing Vaser Liposuction.

First let's define terms. Vaser is 'low level ultrasonic' liposuction. So any PLASTIC SURGEON doing ultrasonic or Vaser qualifies as a ultrasonic liposuctionist. Contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc. which will assist you in finding a qualified Vaser Liposuction Plastic Surgeon.

Now, the fee you have posted, IT IS VERY HIGH for a dermatologist to be doing this type of surgery. WOW $13,500 for Vaser of abdomen, flanks, and inner thighs! OUTRAGEOUS is all I can say. In Miami the range would be between $5,000 to $8,000. And believe me in MIAMI we do many more liposuctions than this dermatologist in Ohio! Do your research in much more detail.

Regards and Good Luck.

Cost of VASER liposelection

+2

Hi,cost aside, the critical point would be to look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. The procedure costs at our clinic (Mumbai, India) usually start of at approx. 2000-2500 US$.

The cost for VASER procedure would typically depend on the number of areas to be treated, duration of the surgery, local / GA, the area of practice (downtown/suburb, state, country), experience, & frankly even the whim of the operating surgeon.

Sameer Karkhanis, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposelection Cost

+1

In our office, we charge about $ 2000 per area.  It may have the chance to vary to compare area wise.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Vaser pricing

+1

Good afternoon!

depending upon the number of sites being treated and the need for anesthesia, VASER can range from a couple of thousand dollars to over 10,000.

VASER is a great tool but not necessary in all lipo cases.  Best results from VASER combine it with standard tumescent liposuction techniques. It is important to also remember that  it is not the tool, but the hands guiding the tool that are going to give you a great result.  Be sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and preferably a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.

Robert Steely, MD

Cost of Vaser LipoSelection

+1

Regina, the cost of Vaser Liposelection depends on the body area treated. Pricing for Vaser Lipo is not like purchasing laundry detergent by comparing prices between Target and WalMart, because the answer is "it depends." It depends on how many areas from which you want fat removed, your general health and other factors, so it's impossible to give a flat quote on a forum like this without seeing you in person.

The biggest question to ask is whether the board certified plastic surgeon you choose has extensive experience with Vaser Lipo, and how his before and after photos match up to your expectations for your own results. That's the question to ask. You can use financing to budget the procedure over time.

I hope this was helpful.

To your health & beauty,

Paul Vanek, MD, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cleveland  (Mentor)

Paul Vanek, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Costs - both money and type of doctor doing it

+1

Typical California Smart Lipo Prices varies. RealSelf estimates that across the country it averages about $6000  as of today's date but this does not specify number of areas. I would estimate that this would cost $6000-$10,000 by a real board certified Plastic Surgeon and not a dermatologist.

Liposuction prices,whether Vaser Liposuction or other types of liposuction  vary greatly because the liposuction itself encompasses a wide range of the amount removed and number of locations among other variables. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons   that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. If you search the link below, I am sure you can find qualified plastic surgeons rather than dermatologists with much less training. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how much will be removed, how many areas, how long, etc

By the way, I do not think Vaser Lipo has advantages over other more traditional  techniques

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS