When Will I See Vaser Liposelection Results?

I had VASER liposelection on 6/25 on my mid back, the auxilary folds, and dorsal bulges and my triceps. I was told I would see results right away, but I see that there is still a fat blip in my midback and my arms are still huge! When can I expect to see the results? Was I supposed to lose weight too? I am scared that I didn't get what I paid for since the office says that I am to pay 1k extra for any touch ups.

Early results from any type of liposuction - within weeks, it may take 3 months to see final results

+5

The most disappointed patients following liposuction, whether traditional or ultrasonic/VASER are those who gain significant weight after surgery....usually coupled with unrealistic expectations about what the liposuction can and cannot accomplish regarding weight loss.

Liposuction is not a weight reduction procedure, rather a contouring procedure for diet resistant areas in an otherwise healthy, reasonably close to "ideal weight" person, who is well aware that for a successful outcome they must take responsibility with a long-term healthy weight control and exercise regimen.

Regarding contour "blips", bulges, irregularities, they can be a consequence of any type of liposuction even in the most experienced hands. This consequence (not a complication) should be discussed before surgery and if revision ("touch up") is needed, there should be a clear policy for any potential financial responsibility.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

At 6-7 months you are done

+3

You have achieved your full result at this point and the only way to see more changes would be if you altered your diet and exercise regimen and lost 20 pounds or so.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

When will VASER results usually be seen?

+2

In almost every case, you should have a visible, and noticeable improvement immediately. VASER technique is associated with less swelling and bruising than other options, but some does still occur, and it will take between 1 and 3 months for this to completely subside. I would say that in any case, you should be seeing your final outcome by the end of the third month.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Disappointing Vaser results

+2

Liposuction should not be carried out to achieve weight loss. The advantage of Vaser is to use a pulsed ultrasonic energy to cavitate fat in fibrous areas and possibly to promote skin contraction. At this point in time you have likely achieved at least 90-95% of your final result. You may want to ask the volumes that were extracted to estimate the total fat removed. Although you shouldn't really lose weight, you shouldn't gain either. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

By 6 months after your procedure, you should already see results.

+2

One should see some results within 6 weeks of surgery. However, the final result might not be realized until 3 -6 months after the procedure. If you have an area of fullness 6 months after the procedure, this may require a touch up. Of course, to get the best result one needs to alter their diet and exercise habits so that they don't continue to gain weight.

Timothy R. Jones, MD
Akron Facial Plastic Surgeon

VASER Liposelection Results

+1

Irene, I don't know where you started in height, weight and BMI, but here in my Cleveland plastic surgery my VASER LipoSelection patients show results the next day. The results do get better over time and, again, I haven't seen you.  If you started at 108 lb., you'd have a significantly different improvement compared with someone who started at 308 lb. It would be best to ask your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon if you have responded in the way he or she thinks is appropriate.

I presume that your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon has discussed the limitations of any procedure on your body. If that were not done, or if you had your procedure done by a physician who is not board certified in plastic surgery, then I would seek a second opinion before handing over any more money. Just because a physician owns a VASER machine doesn't make him or her an expert in its use.

To your health and beauty,

Paul Vanek, MD, Board Certified Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Paul Vanek, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Vaser and results

+1

At more than 6 months, you should see all the results at this point.