How Much Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Cost?

How much does laser skin resurfacing cost? Should I buy a package deal or individual treatments?

Laser Skin Resurfacing Price $500 to $5000

+5

Depending on the modality and the areas to be lasered, the cost will be $500 - $5000 per treatment. I would not purchase a package as you generally want an experienced laser specialist to utilize different modalities depending on how you are responding to treatment and if there are any changes to your lifestyle.

Laser Skin Resurfacing Pricing

+2

Being that Laser Skin Resurfacing shouldn't be considered cookie cutter medicine, we tailor the pricing and package to meet the needs of each individual patient.

Although having a full face done is recommended, in certain cases not everyone needs the whole face done, for example, some may have great cheeks and forehead and may only want to focus on the eyes and mouth or another patient may only need pigment depth laser settings on the whole face but small touches in certain areas on a deeper setting to spot treat problem areas, so pricing can be very individual and a consultation can provide exact pricing

Fernando G. Serra, MD
Clermont Plastic Surgeon

Define what treatments you want first

+2

There are so many treatments on the market you are probably better off first defining what you want. Look into the mirror and decide what issues are most important to you and then find a few honest doctors to get some opinions as to how to best address these problems. Then get prices and compare.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

$2500-$6,800

+1
It depends on the complexity. For a simple procedure such as flattening a skin graft on the nose, its much cheaper than say, a full face laser ablation of deep wrinkles around the mouth, tightening of eyelid skin, and deep resurfacing for acne scars. 

I charge on the COMPLEXITY of the treatment, some treatments take 5 minutes, other treatments take 90 minutes to perform. In most cases I use two lasers Erbium and CO2 in the one sitting- this gives better results, more safely. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane and Gold Coast
Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Tucson, AZ laser resurfacing pricing

+1
Pricing of laser resurfacing is going to differ greatly depending on exactly what procedure you are having performed, the type of anesthesia and the facility.Laser resurfacing can range from a light laser peel to a fully ablative resurfacing procedure.These procedures can be performed in an in office setting or surgery center which alters the price.You can have laser resurfacing performed with local blocks, twilight anesthesia or general anesthesia.In my practice located in Tucson, AZ the resurfacing is most often performed under local sedation in our office.When performing resurfacing this way we charge about $3,000 including anesthesia, facility and provider’s fee.Without a consultation, this is a rough estimate as the fees will vary based on the type of laser, if we are performing other procedures at the same time, etc.When you come in for a consultation, you will leave with a written quote specific to you and your needs.

Christopher T. Maloney Jr., MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

+1
The cost of surgery will be influenced by type of resurfacing, time in the operating room, type of anaesthesia, after care with the surgeon or nursing staff, as well as experience and personalization of the service you receive and by geographic location. Superficial laser treatments that are less effective are quicker to complete, under local anaesthesia are less in cost.

The cost of surgery consists of:
  • Surgeon’s fee
  • Hospital or Facility fee
  • Anaesthesia fee
  • Cost of equipment

Julian De Silva, MD
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Laser Resurfacing

+1

The cost of laser resurfacing really depends on the type of resurfacing you are having done, as well as several other factors:

• There are many different levels of resurfacing - some more superficial lasers will be less expensive
  • It will depend on the number of treatments you have
  • The cost will also largely depend on your geographic area - in larger metropolitan areas, it tends to be more expensive

Estimated costs:

• Micro laser peels with erbium YAG lasers cost anywhere from $300-$800 per treatment.
  • Deeper fractionated or full field laser resurfacing can cost anywhere from $1500 - $3000 per treatment.
  • A series of multiple treatments is almost always better.

Typically patients see the best results when they have at least three treatments. It really depends on the practice where you are having the laser resurfacing and if you want to purchase a package. You may not need all the treatments, or your physician may want to tailor your treatment with several different types of resurfacing, so a package could lock you into one specific treatment.

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Laser Resurfacing

+1

The cost of laser resurfacing really depends on the depth and type of laser used.  In general, superficial laser resurfacing is less than deeper resurfacing.  Cost can range from $150 for light resurfacing to $3000 for a deep resurfacing laser procedure.

For deep laser resurfacing, most of my patients elect to have this done in the office rather than in the operating room setting.  I make this a comfortable experience for my patients by using a state of the art custom numbing cream plus a specialized machine that cools the patient during the procedure.  Patients do quite well with this and avoiding both the physical as well as financial implications of the operating room is appealing to them.   

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser costs

+1

Good afternoon!

treatment costs can vary widely depending upon what type of laser is best suiting for the goals you are trying to achieve.  Some deeper resurfacing may require the help of an anesthetist for pain control.  Prices can range from 500 dollars to over 5,000 dollars per treatment.  Most of the more expensive treatments only require one session so a package deal is usually not necessary.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

Cost of Laser Skin Resurfacing

+1

This will largely be dependent on a number of factors such as:

• Geographic location
  • Degree of skin aging 
  • Your available "downtime" 
  • Experience of the surgeon operating the laser

I have found that many of my patients no longer wish to have the extended downtime associated with deep CO2 facial resurfacing and would rather have multiple treatments customized to their individual needs including full face treatments with BBL,  micro laser peels and regional areas of deeper ProFractional therapy.  These patients often only have 4-5 days of mild swelling and erythema and can return to work within a week.  The inclusive costs associated with these customized treatments typically range from $600 to $2000.  I would recommend seeing a board certified specialist in your area whom you can trust to have a consultation and customize a treatment that will help you achieve your goals.

Best Regards,

Jacque LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon