How Much Do Saline Breast Implants Cost?

I know saline breast implants are less expensive than silicone implants - what is the approximate price difference?

You have to know what you're paying for.

+1
I'm going to send you to an article I wrote in answer to these cost questions.  The reply applies to all financial considerations regarding cosmetic surgery.

Best of luck.

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Varies depending on city and surgeon

+1
Pricing really depends on the surgeon and city in which your surgeon is located. In Toronto, this can range from $7000 to $8600. Note that the cost of your implant is determined by type (saline or silicone, with silicone being more expensive) and brand (Mentor or Allergan) but size does not really affect the cost. Other factors that affect price include the anesthesia, surgical centre fees and your surgeon's fees.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

How much do saline breast implants cost?

+1
Costs for a breast augmentation with implants will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the augmentation procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, surgical garment, implants, etc.).   A range in price ~$3000-10000 is not unreasonable. $4-6K would be a reasonable cost on average. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing breast for you. Saline implants will be cheaper than silicone implants.  Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

+1

You will find that the cost of surgery will differ from one geographic area to another, as well as from one practice to another.  You will also find that the cost of surgery vary  depending on exactly what procedure is recommended/performed.

Generally speaking, I think you will find the cost of surgery to range from between $5-$7000.

You will be best off doing your due diligence carefully  in the selection of plastic surgeon.  Only in person consultation will provide you with the detailed information you should obtain prior to making any decisions about proceeding with surgery.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Saline Breast Implants

+1

Great question!

You’re absolutely right; the variability in pricing for implants themselves is a point of confusion for many patients. It all boils down to how much the surgeon acquires the implants for, and what value they attribute to the implant for you, as the consumer.

In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. Our range depending on your specific needs for Saline Implants is $4,500 - $6,500. Implants only, have a price difference between $500 - 1,000. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,

• Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
  • Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
  • Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
  • Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
  • What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?

Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your long-term aesthetic goals. Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.

You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.

Carlos O. Chacon, MD, MBA

Price Differential

+1

While each practice has their own pricing guidelines, the cost differential is generally $1000 to $1500.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Price of Saline Breast Implants

+1

As the other physicians indicated, the prices for breast augmentation can vary, sometimes significantly.

If possible, visit many plastic surgery websites and select a few physicians based on their training, experience, results (including mamny nefore and after photos), reputation. and philosophy. The most expensive surgeon may or may not be the ideal surgeon for you. "Lowball" pricing may often be an attempt to fill an empty O.R. schedule, or may not be the inclusive cost of surgery.

In my practice, the price for breast augmentation is $6800.00 for Saline and $7500.00 for Silicone. This price includes all pre and post-operative visits, pain control pump, a body garment, board certified anesthesiologist, operating room charges, and no aditional change for an overnight hospital visit if the patient elects to do so. We insist that out of town patients stay in the hospital overnight.

In order not have any surprises, ask if there are additional potential chages for pre or post-operative visits, pain control devices,or garments. Be sure that there are no additional charges for office visits. There should never be a charge for an office visit if a patient has a concern. In fact, most plastic surgeons want to see you if you have a concern.

Ask if the fee you have been given includes the O.R. staff , equipment and supplies including pain pumps, garments, and of course a board certified anesthesiologist.

Please do not make your decision on the plastic surgeon based on who has the lowest price without looking at the whole picture and taking your time researching to find the right plastic surgeon for you. Always, ask to see many photographs, speak to patients and ask your own physician about any plastic surgeon you are considering.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How much do saline implants cost.

+1

Saline implants cost 1000$ for the pair (this is just for the implants). you have to also pay for them to be put in.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Cost in Columbus Ohio

+1

I encourage you to make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that that person is someone you would trust after meeting with them at your consultation. Cheapest may not be best and you may find yourself paying more money later to fix complications that have arisen from having surgery with someone who is not properly trained in plastic surgery.

In Columbus, Ohio, for example, our total costs for breast augmentation are currently $4500-5100 for saline implants and $5000-5900 for silicone implants.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Half

+1

Saline implants are typically half the price of silicone implants. The price will probably vary depending on the area of the country. I charge $1000 for a set of saline implants. Physicians may increase or decrease the price of their implants by changing the fee they charge for the actual procedure.

Remember you should never be looking to have your surgery done by the cheapest surgeon. You should see several surgeons and choose the one that you feel will do the best job. His/her total charge should be competitive. Those that are too high or too low are not usually the surgeons you should see.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon