Recommended Breast Implant Size for Tall Athletic Build?

I am looking into a breast job. How do I know what size is best for me? I am 5'9" and weight about 125 lbs. I have an athletic build. My size cup right now is about a B cup.

Around 300 cc's.

+2

Hi!

1) 300 cc's is just an educated guess. Pick a board certified plastic surgeon, and show him a picture of what you would like to look like. But don't go too big, because very large implants don't age well.

2) Then, during surgery, I recommend using a disposable implant SIZER to find the size that looks best in you, before opening the permanent implants. This takes the guess work out.

Look for the look

+1

There are many ways to try to settle upon size of breast implants. I have found that trying on implants with a sports bra and a top that is a bit snug gives a good idea of finding the look that you want. From there you and the plastic surgeon will come to a final size and style based on some additional information. All decisions usually have a positive and a negative.

If you want a more natural look you usually need to have a smaller implant. If you want cleavage you may need a larger implant. If you don't want upper breast fullness you may need a different style or size. There are many variables. Sometimes you cannot have two opposing desires, it's just not possible.

Bringing in pictures is also very helpful for the plastic surgeon to try to understand what you are thinking and to let you know if it is realistic.

There are also formulas and measurements that have been devised but they generally do not place much emphasis on what the patient wants but rather what gives the least negatives of implants. What I have seen with these formulas is that they are uisually much smaller than the look the patient wants.

Overall it requires effective communication with the plastic surgeon.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Try out the "rice test"

+1

There are many different ways to determine breast size and you may want to search for some of these online.

You may alos want to look up the "rice test". This will give you a rough idea of what a certain volume will achieve. Unfortunately, plastic surgeons talk about size using cubic centimeters (cc) and patients' talk about cup size (A, B, C, D...). The rice test gives the patient and physcian an opporttunity to communicate.

Only you AND your plastic surgeon can truly determine what size should be

+1

When deciding on a size of implant for breast augmentation, there are many factors to take into consideration. It is not simply the height and weight. We need to know how many children you have had, whether you are breast feeding, whether you plan on having more children, whether the breasts are sagging, what your measurements are (sternum to nipple, breast width, medial and lateral pinch, breast height, upper pole pinch, evenness of the inframammary fold, etc.). Once we have all this information, then we need to understand the patient's wishes. What is the look you are going for? Are you looking for a size that will make you look bigger, but still natural in appearance? Are you looking for a size that will make you a lot larger, and you are ok if it is not still "natural" in appearance?

These are a few of the questions that need to be answered before we are able to determine what size implant is ideal for you. Make a consultation with a good plastic surgeon. Bring in pictures on women whose breast size and shape you like. When I see patients for a breast augmentation consult, I usually visit with them 2-3 times before the actual surgery. When we are both satisfied that all the above questions have been answered, then only can we proceed with the surgery. Good luck in your endeavor!

Sirish Maddali, MD

Implant size should match your expectation

+1

There is no greater disappointment after breast augmentation than to have a result that is too small, or too big for that matter. It can be easy to be swayed by other opinions of what you should look like, girlfriends, spouse, or your surgeons opinion of what size is "best". Breast augmentation is a time when you should be true to yourself and seek a size and look that fits how you would like to be. This does take some homework and exploration. You are not expected to know the actual implant size and projection. Only a surgeon with experience can know how to translate what to use given your body and breast shape, lifestyle, and your goals. There are many sources to explore such as web sites, books and magazines. If you truly love your girlfriends breast augmentation result ask if you can use her picture to share with your surgeon during your consultation. Remember the pictures are "worth a thousand words" and can only help you to look as you feel.

peterejohnsonmd

Plan for consultation and discussion

+1

A consultation with a Plastic Surgeon will allow elaboration of implant choices both in terms of size, projection, and gel or saline. Your natural breast diameter provides the best initial guide toward implant selection. Implants whose diamater are close to that provide the most natural results. This of course is variable upon your desires as to final size and shape. The best thing to do is to arrange consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon and explore the possibilites!

Michael A. Marschall, MD

You need to be measured by your Plastic Surgeon.

+1

The best way to determine the best size for your implants is through measurements of your body. Your Plastic Surgeon will measure the width of your breasts (breast diameter), and some other measurements like distance from the top of your sternum to your nipples and the distance from your nipples to the bottom crease of your breasts. He/she will then refer to a chart that will give the best possible implant choices for your body. I go over many pictures with my patients to determine what volume they like and then choose the appropriate implant using my measurements as a guide. Implants come in many dimensions and a full discussion with you surgeon is essential to get things right the first time! Sizers are used in the operating room which can be made larger and smaller on the operating room table before the final implant is chosen.

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon