How Can I Get Rid of Dark Circles Around Eyes?

I am a 30 years old African American woman with dark circles around my eyes most of my life. I dread going outside because, I look like a raccoon and, I am so tired of people asking me did I get punch in the face or am I sick. Now that I am 30 years old, the circles are getting darker. I have been to practically every dermatologist in the state of New York and they all prescribe creams that only work to a certain degree. I used makeup which I am sick of using makeup. Please Help. Thanks

Dark Circles Under the Eyes of 30 Year Old African American Woman

+1

Hi Infoneeded,

Restylane injections to fill the hollowness of the lower eye lids is an excellent method to reduce the dark circles under the eyes in African American women. 

It is a delicate and unforgiving area so make sure to choose your injecting physician carefully.

Good luck.

Dr. P

Dark circles under eyes can be treated with laser

+1

If you just have dark pigment the fractional ablative laser (I use the Lux2940) will work-I prefer the Erbium laser on darker skin-less risk of post laser hyperpigmentation.

If you have a deep depression beneath the lid-a hollow appearance-then an arcus release and fat grafting will help. See before and after pictures of fat grafting.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS