12 Days Post Op and Dissolvable Stitch Came out with Minor Bleeding and Bruising/uneven Healing. Should I Be Worried? (photo)

August 22 I had saline implants 350 cc filled to 390 cc sub-muscular inframammary placement. After the surgery, everything was fine except for my right breast was more tender. Now at 12 days, they have both dropped to some degree but my right one is noticeably higher than the left. Also, at 7 days I noticed a small bruise at the end of the incision on that breast where a stitch appeared to be coming undone. Now, at 12 days the bruise has spread slightly and the stitch has come out.

+1
In some cases that can happen but it is nothign alarming . You have to wait in time and see your doctor for closer examination .
Good luck .

Nothing to worry about 12 days after surgery.

+1

I don't see anything in the photographs it is alarming. Nevertheless, it's wise to take up these issues with your own surgeon.

High ridding implants at 12 days post augmentation

+1

Your healing does not seem unusual for this point in time.  It is not unusual for the upper portion of the muscle to thicken up due to spasm.  Over time this will flatten out and become more natural in appearance.   

Brest Implant Recovery

+1

I would suggest you follow up with your surgeon to evaluate in person. It can take a few months to determine symmetry of the implants. 

Michael Horn, MD

12 Days Post Op

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

By the sound of it, you still seem to be in the early stages of healing.  Bruising is a normal process after surgery, and occasionally suture material does come through the skin. Most often, these are not things to worry about. However, you should address your questions directly to your surgeon who can examine you if necessary..

Good Luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Breasts softening

+1

It will take several months for the implants to settle into the pocket. The bruising will probably go away in the next week or so.

Asymmetry After #BreastAugmentation

+1

From your photos, there is some degree of asymmetry. It is impossible to tell from photos as to why. You should stay in contact with your surgeon to determine if this is related to internal bleeding/hematoma or normal differential swelling. The dissolvable suture should be falling out at 12 days and this should be considered normal.

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Difference is breasts

+1

It is common for the two breasts to behave slightly different since they are two different breasts. Often the implant on the nondominant side does drop sooner than the other side. Also bruising is normal at this time. Should you have any concerns about your incisions, please ask your surgeon. On your photo, it looks like you may have a small opening with a blood clot, but it is not clear.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon