Hood over Belly Button? (photo)

had mini tt year ago with floating bb and no moving down of bb so i have a large hood over the top and bottom part is pulled down. did not have a lot of skin and especially not on bottom so thinking doc not moving bb down caused the strange look of bb - not sure how this can be fixed, but doesn't look normal to me??

'Hood' of skin over belly button after mini tummy tuck

+1

The skin could be incised and the scar inset deeply - close to the deep abdominal wall to improve appearance. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Belly button after mini tummy tuck can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

This is one of the reasons that I think very few people benefit by a mini tummy tuck. Your belly button does not look "slid down" at all.  But it can be improved with a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Mini tummy tuck

+1

Yes, this is the look you would have if you had a mini tummy tuck without moving of the belly button.  In order the correct this look, you may need release of your belly button.  I would suggest discussing this with your surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD