Fraxel Restore Gone Wrong- Indented/Oozing/Broken Skin. What To Do? (photo)

I just had fraxel restore done (7 hours ago). The pics shows fraxel restore done to an area with no scars (mistake technique made) and there's 2 rolling scars that was not treated (technician missed it). My problem is the treated area (3 inches vertical), towards the bottom you can see a quarter size indentation of broken skin which continues to still ooze....it was perfectly fine before, smooth and scar free..help??? What should I do? Settings 60 mj/level 7/8 passes

Fraxel Laser

+1

Oozing is not abnormal and the area should heal in 7-10 days.  Areas missed can be treated in the future.  Be sure to use sunscreen and a hat to protect form the sun.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/elitemdspa

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Go back and see the person who did the treatment.

+1

You should follow up with the doctor who did the treatment for advise regarding skin care after the procedure.  If you would like a second opinion, go see a good dermatologist in your area.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Complication From Fraxel Restore by "Technician"

+1

Hi Dan,

You should return to your treating physician's office for evaluation.  It is not normal for the skin to be broken with oozing after Fraxel restore.  You should be evaluated for a possible burn and be treated to prevent scarring.  Even though Fraxel restore is a very safe laser, it is still a powerful tool that can cause complications if used improperly.  That is why I personally believe that a physician should perform the treatments, not a "technician".  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P