My Question Is... Would Going from a 540cc to a 640 Cc Be a Drastic Change or Would It Be a Minimal Change? (photo)

I'm having my implants redone. One of my saline implants raptured about 2 weaks ago after 4 years. From day one after my first surgery I said, I should of gone a little bigger, going from a 34b to a D cup. I don't want to look like I have two hard balloons, and want to look as natural as possible as I did with my first surgery, but want a little more fullness on top. I'm 46, 5'3, 137lbs

Don't go wider just increase the projection

+2

You should consider increasing the projection of your implants. I'm assuming you have Allergan 510 Style 68MP saline implants filled to 540cc. That would mean the dimensions of your implants is about 14.4 x 4.6cm. If this is true then I would switch to 650ccHP silicone with a similar diameter, 14.2cm but a projection of 5.9cm. This avoids future rupture issues with silicone and give more volume in the form of projection instead of getting wider. Wider breasts will make you look top heavy and maybe even "chunky". adding projection to a breast can have a slimming effect on a womans figure.

Provo Plastic Surgeon

540 to 640 cc's

+2

doesn't produce day and night differences but you will be fuller.  Since you have to have surgery, its certainly an opportunity to change things.  Size with external sizers and include the volume of your deflated shell to get an idea if it will provide you the look you desire.

Curtis Wong, MD

Increasing breast implant size can be done, but a lift might be required for more fullness at the top

+1

Thank you for including the photos, but it's hard to give you an exact answer with examining you first.  Going up 100cc will most likely not be a drastic change, but it also might not give you enough fullness at the top.  In order to get a natural look with more fullness at the top, you may need silicone implants placed under the muscle with a possible lift.  Since you've had the implants in for so long, a lift might be required to increase the fullness at the top of the breasts.  Having done many breast augmetation surgeries with larger implants such as yours, I believe you can get a very nice result.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

My Question Is... Would Going from a 540cc to a 640 Cc Be a Drastic Change or Would It Be a Minimal Change?

+1

Posted clothed photos are not helpful. So can not really offer an opinion. Best to either repost nude frontal and side view photos or seek in person second opinions. 

Implant upsizing

+1

Thanks for the question and photos.  Without a more involved discussion, it is difficult to know what you mean by drastic.  That being said, the photo of you in a bikini shows two large implants, and I am not certain if your torso could "accommodate" larger implants.  In my book, 100 cc is a big difference and I would just have a discussion with your plastic surgeon about your goals and what is the largest implant he/she feels can be placed.  Best of luck!

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+1

Thanks for the question and pictures.  One of the main factors in achieving patient satisfaction with breast augmentation surgery, is careful communication. The problem with words such as “drastic change or minimal change" is that these words can be interpreted differently by different people.

I think that you will be best off spending time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals carefully. Show him/her what you mean by “a little more fullness on top”. In my opinion, this is best done in front of a full length mirror and/or with the help of goal pictures.

Again, this in-person communication will be key and much more helpful than the specific implant advice you receive online.

Best wishes with your upcoming procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome.