When Will Prevelle Silk Lumps Go Away?

I had Prevelle Silk injected around my mouth about 10 days ago and at first thought I had some decent results but now some lumps have appeared and I am concerned. Will these lumps go away? thanks,,,stacy

Prevelle Silk lumps may go away after time

+2

Sometimes, specially in the lips, if the injection is done slightly more superficial, you may see the lumps. It is hard to say it they will completely go away with time. You are early enough that I would recommend going back to your plastic surgeon and showing him/her what you are talking about.

When it is early enough, your doctor can massage the lump out.

Hope that helps.

Prevelle Silk lumps shouldn't last too long

+2

My experience with Prevelle has been positive so far. According to the company info it should go away very quickly. The life span of the filler is few months only any way. I would still try to massage it. Your plastic surgeon will exclude a granuloma formation which i personaly never seen it wih these fillers.Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Lumps after Prevelle injection

+1

I would definitely follow up with your surgeon and show him or her the lumps that you see or feel. If the lumps are excess product, they can be smoothed out with massage if done early on. They can also be dissolved with injection of hyaluronidase, which is an enzyme that breaks down the Prevelle. You can also just wait and let it resolve without intervention since Prevelle is typically gone within a few months. If the lump is not excess product and is a granuloma or other type of inflammatory reaction, it can be improved with careful injection of steroid. There are also risks to injection of hyaluronidase and steroid as well, so these must be done with caution. Another alternative to the above options is injecting additional product to camoflouge the visible lump until it dissolves. Good luck!

Anita Patel, MD

Prevelle Silk lumps will likely go away

+1

Sunshine,

Don't worry. Prevelle usually goes away pretty quickly. However, if you have any concerns, you should talk to your doctor. In most cases, give it about two weeks for your tissues to settle and the swelling to resolve before considering any kind of touchup or other intervention.

David Shafer, MD