Who is a Good Candidate for a Mini Facelift?

I am 47 and would like to know if a mini face lift is a good idea. am told I look years younger then my age but I want to look very young for my age:) and it is time

Mini facelift candidates

+2

It all depends on how your face has aged and whether skin and muscle laxity (looseness) are the primary factors in your appearance. You should schedule a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon who can determine the type of surgery you need (mini v. SMAS facelift).

Mini facelift

+2

I recommend a mini facelift or short scar facelift in patients who complain about jowl formation without significant neck skin redundancy. Inn general younger facelift candidates benefit form such an approach. Having said that, I think a 47 year old may be too young to undergo facelift surgery. In your age group, facial fillers work well to hide lines and slight jowl formations.

Each patient is unique so I recommend you consult with a reputable plastic surgeon to review the best option for you.

Maurice M. Khosh, MD

It's all about your Anatomy and not your Age

+1

Mini Lifts when done properly and by an experienced Surgeon can provide highly effective, very natural and long lasting results. Most patients who elect Mini Lifts are in their late 30's to early 50's.

The key to success is that the Surgeon must be able to do all types of face lifts and has done a lot of each of them so they can advise you appropriately if you are indeed a good Mini Lift candidate.

You specific anatomy is important to the success of a mini lift as well. If your jowls are mild to moderate it can work quite well but if more severe than a full facelift is better.

If you are concerned with your neck and have a true turkey neck, then a Mini Lift by itself will not suffice but it can be combined with some form of neck lifting procedure.

So end of the day it is best to sit down with the right surgeon and talk about your anatomy and not your age.

Kamran Jafri, MD

Best Candidates for a Mini Facelift and other similar questions answers

+1

Frequently Asked Questions about the LiteLift™ Mini Facelift:
What is the Lite Lift and how does it differ from a traditional facelift?
The Lite Lift provides:

less scaring (short scar technique)
a quicker recovery
no need for general anesthesia
a more natural look (pull is vertical in direction)
Not everyone requires a traditional facelift to provide beautiful, long lasting results. The Lite Lift is a minimally invasive option that addresses aging of the face and neck. Patients are offered a personalized experience from their first consultation, through recovery and on.

Who are the best candidates for a mini facelift such as the Lite Lift?
Any healthy individual wishing to address the signs of aging in the lower face and neck. Anyone interested in a refreshed look.

Here are some of the most common questions we receive and their answers regarding mini facelifts and specifically the Lite Lift:

How does the Lite Lift differ from a mini facelift?
“Mini Facelift” is a generalized “catch all” term that can mean different things depending on the doctor you ask. This often makes the real definition difficult for a patient to pin down. It typically only addresses the skin. The, Lite Lift, however, addresses the deeper muscle layer providing the patient with a thorough, natural, long lasting result.

Does the Lite Lift offer natural results?
YES! This is one of the best attributes the Lite Lift offers. You will still look like yourself, but with a more youthful and rested appearance. Because of the vertical nature of the pull, it simply re-positions the facial tissues back where they were prior to the aging process resulting in a very natural look.

Is general anesthesia necessary?
Absolutely not. Our primary goal is to ensure the comfort and safety of our patients. About 75% of our patients choose to have the Lite Lift with an oral sedation and local anesthetic. However, we’re happy to offer other anesthesia options so our patients are able to choose which one they’re most comfortable with.

IV Sedation (aka Twilight)
Oral sedation with local anesthetic
General anesthesia
How long will the results of the Lite Lift last?
Forever. You will continue to age which depends on many factors including genetics, lifestyle, and skin elasticity, but you will always look younger. The effects of the Lite Lift will be with you forever.

What is the recovery like? How soon will a patient feel comfortable being seen in public?
Patients usually feel some tightness, firmness under the skin, and moderate swelling & bruising during the first week. Most patients feel comfortable being out in public shortly thereafter. It’s best to allow one to two weeks depending on the individual.

How does the Lite Lift differ from the Life Style Lift that you hear so much about?
Life Style Lift is a national chain with surgeons of various training & experience; not all have been board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Our surgeons offer several anesthesia options to ensure the patient’s optimal comfort.

We’re an aesthetic practice with board certified plastic surgeons who have been serving Orange County for over 25 years. They are both credentialed at Hoag and Long Beach Memorial.
We strive to give our patients individual attention and care – While the Lite Lift is a vertical shortscar facelift, each one is customized to meet the patients unique needs.
Why don’t all plastic surgeons perform this procedure?
Our doctors have pioneered the Lite Lift procedure. It is individualized for each patient; not one a “one size fits all” approach.

How long have Drs. Horowitz and Nichter been performing the Lite Lift?
For more than 10 years. We’re proud that our doctors are passionate about continuing their education; they are always researching the latest in plastic surgery techniques to ensure their patients are getting the best possible care and results. Our doctors paid attention to their our patient’s comments about wanting a procedure with a quick recovery, shorter incisions, local anesthetic, and a more natural looking result.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Is 47 too young for a mini-lift?

+1

I respectively disagree with the last doctor who replied. Certainly, 47 is not too young and a mini lift may be a superb procedure for anyone 30-60 depending on the extent of the problem.  The key is to select an experienced surgeon who will tailor the procedure to the patient and what they wish corrected. Avoid choosing a "trademarked" procedure name and instead choose a reputable, experienced doctor in whom you have trust.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Who is a God Candidate for a Mini Facelift?

+1

The best candidates for mini facelifts are individuals who need minimal improvement such as younger patients who have experienced less aging or those who had a previous lift and need a touch up. These patients must clearly understand their goals because less will be achieved and the improvement will not last as long.

Mini Facelift Candidate

+1

If you main concern is jowl formation and some skin and muscle laxity then a mini lift might be the best procedure for you to have.  A consultation with a surgeon would be advised, so that the correct procedure is suggested to you.

David Alessi, MD

It's not about age it's about the aging process

+1

Forget how old you are.  If you inherited loose thin skin from one side of your family or the other then you should get this treated when you feel it will be worth the money you invest in it.  If you look like your mother, get pictures from her of what she looked like at 47 and at 57.   Is this where you want to be going?

That being said there is a hint in your question about what may be going on here.  When you say you want to look way younger than your age I detect perhaps some important need to be fulfilled here.  Maybe you should explore what that phrase means to you first before pursuing plastic surgery.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Minilift

+1

The major decision between a minlift and a full lift is the extent of lower neck issues. Also you do not need to be perfect and for cost considerations a mini lift may do. Have several opinions and ask questions.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD