Tumscent liposuction: Is it Safe to Have a Touch-up?

I had 7 mos ago lipo on my abdomen/lower back flanks/ and bra rolls and I'm still not happy, so I'm going back in for a touch up on those areas under general , is it safe to go back in for the touch up ?

Generally as safe as the first procedure

In general, touchups are as safe as the first procedure and sometimes safer.

First off, liposuction is one of the safest procedures we do as plastic surgeons.

Because most touchups are fairly minor, they are not as extensive as the primary operation.

Often, when touchups need to be done, they are done in the office. If it requires treating all the areas, then the surgeon will generally use the same type of anesthesia that was used for the first surgery.

I do most of my liposuction with patients awake, but this is a personal preference.

Many plastic surgeons prefer general anesthesia.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Touch-ups following tumescent liposuction

At 7 months following tumescent liposuction of the abdomen/lower back/flanks and bra roll, it should be safe to have a "touch-up" liposuction.  That said, not everyone should necessarily have a second liposuction in the same area.  Your surgeon will want to determine if your skin tone is good enough to warrant another surgery and if there is a significant amount of fat remaining to justify the procedure.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Touch up Liposuction is safe

Yes, as long as you don't have significant medical problems, it should be okay.  Check with your doctor to be sure before proceeding.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS