Full Facelift Recovery Results. Healing Well, But Concerned About Results?

I am 53 and am healing from my facelift which was done 10 days ago. I am healing well but am concerned with the results. One side of my mouth seems to have a line swooping from it..I always called that the joker line. My swelling isn't bad now on my face but is still on the cheeks. Will this line go away or in your opinion was I pulled too tight? Also my upper lip seems to be a little swollen (not much) which is making my fine line wrinkles show more. Is all of this just normal recovery? TY

Face Lift Results

+2

Thank you for your question about your face lift.

• Days 7 - 14 after a face lift are the worst! Everyone worries!
  • Yes - cheeks stay swollen longer,
  • Mouth lines may be exaggerated by swelling,
  • A face lift shouldn't permanently change the mouth wrinkles.
  • See your plastic surgeon often to be checked and reassured,
  • Most likely, in a few more weeks, you'll see your face lift result emerging.
  • Hope this helps!

Facelift Healing

+2

Thank you for the question. Without pictures it is difficult to say exactly what happened, but only 10 days after a facelift is quite early. Many of the differences in swelling between sides, or slight irregularities, will smooth out over time. Make sure to stay in touch with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. Sometimes gentle massage or other techniques will be used to help. Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines After Facelift #facelift

+2

Your concerns are in line with what I hear a lot. First, you are 10 days post surgery which is so early in this process. You can expect months of healing to come. You will have lymphatic build up in the skin from lifting it and that can take up to 3 months to completely resolve. I have had a couple of patients have lymphatic swelling that once I sent them to a lymphatic massage specialist it seemed to resolve with just a few treatments. Some of the little lines and creases you speak of will resolve with time. Thinks won't heal in days or weeks. Months is what you can expect from this journey. In the end I am sure you will be happy. Just stay in close contact with your surgeon. The doctor being there for you is really what you need to reassure things are progressing normally.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Facelift swelling and lines

+1

Only 10 days out from surgery is a time when there is still significant swelling. At about 1 month 80% of swelling is gone and the rest goes away over 6 months. Try to relax and see your doctor for his or her recommendations.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Yes, we al worry about how we look 10 days after surgery. Give your lift a few months to heal and then review your original photos. Much of your concerns are normal. Discuss this with your surgeon. Thomas Narsete, M.D. Austin, Tx 

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Recovery 10 days after Facelift

+1

You are describing some normal aspects of the facelift healing process. You will appreciate significant changes over the next 5 weeks. Now is not the time to look at fine minutiae of your face but rather at the overall impressions of early benefit.

After a facelift, it is difficult to maintain the patience and confidence that most imperfections will improve with time.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift issues

+1

At ten days you are still in the very early healing phase. It is best to be evaluated in person once things settle down in a few months.

Facelift recovery

+1

Without pictures and without knowledge of your situation, it is very difficult to give meaningful advice.  However, 10 days after a procedure is too early to judge your results.  I would recommend a conversation with your Surgeon and a tincture of time.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You are still in the very early recovery phase.  I would wait and review your preop photos with your surgeon. The items that concern you seem to be something that will probably fade with time.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Facelift 10 days ago

+1

Your surgeon is the best one to answer this question.  You may want to discuss your before pictures, and the results as you are healing.  At 10 days, you still have swelling, and the results are not at the final stage.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD