Can I Go from 38D to a B with 100 Grams Being Takin Out?

I am currently a 38D and I want to go down to atleast a B cup. My doctor said he will take out 100 grams. Will that bring me to my desired size? Tricare is covering it so I dont know if I have a say so into how much I want taken out, but they did approve the 100 grams but I dont think it is enough to give me what I want. 

Specific Weight Removed During Breast Reduction May Not Yield Desired Result

+1

Dear airforcewife2011-

As you probably know already, breast cup size is a little imprecise.  Then, your breasts are probably not identical twins, but rather, sisters-  most women have similar volume breasts, but not perfectly identical. 

Coupled with the desire to go smaller, but the need to give a certain grams of breast tissue measurement, there's no exact amount of breast tissue that needs to be removed to give you a desired cup size.  However, a rought estimate is that about 100 grams of breast tissue should result in a change in 1 cup size.  This may vary, depending on your breasts, frame, rib cage measurements, and other factors.

Without being too vague, a decrease by 100 grams in just 1 breast, or 200 grams in 2 breasts, will probably not result in your cup size going from a size D to a size B.  You probably need more breast tissue removed.  Of course, talk to and see a plastic surgeon in person before making this decision. 

Best Wishes,

Roy

Weight of Tissue Removed and Relation to Breast Size after Breast Reduction

+1

Hi there-

Without examining you it would be nearly impossible for any of us to estimate how much tissue removal would be required for you to reach an approximation of your goal...

On the other hand, speaking generally, I would say that removal of only 100 grams per breast from a woman who is a true D cup would be a very small reduction...

I think one of three things may be going on- either your surgeon is estimating removing more than 100 grams (and you misunderstood his plans), or, he does not clearly understand your goals... the final possibility is that he does not believe that more than 100 grams of tissue could be removed safely in your situation.

This latter possibility seems unlikely, assuming you are really a D cup.

I would recommend you visit with your surgeon again and confirm he has a good understanding of your desires and that you have a good understanding of his plans. Remember that for the doctor-patient relationship to work, there has to be mutual respect and open communication.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

100 gram reduction

+1
A 100 gram reduction will not get you from a D to a B or even from a D to a C. It is minimal. I will also venture to say that Tricare will not pay for such a small reduction and that you should make sure that the insurer will not refuse to pay after the fact and leave you holding the bag.

Coverage for a "100" gram breast "reduction" unlikely

+1

Unless you are a very diminutive person (dwarf), 100 grams will not reduce someone from a "D" to a "B" cup. Furthermore, it is extremely unlikely that any insurance company will cover a reduction that involves only 100 grams. Therapeutically, 100 grams will have virtually no beneficial medical effect as regards back or shoulder pains. I suggest that you recheck the information.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Breast reduciton size

+1

Hello

Removing 100 grams is the same as removing a little over 3 ounces. Think of a 2 ounce shot glass.  Even two of those would not account for much of a change.  Also, I have not seen insurance companies approve 100 gram reductions.  Most have a minimum of 300-400 grams if not more. Please return to your surgeon to discuss.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Can I Go from 38D to a B with 100 Grams Being Taken Out?

+1

It would be very unlikely that you would achieve your B-cup goal with a 100 g reduction.

As pointed out by my colleagues most reductions in your size range would involve removing at least 3 to 5 times that amount per breast.

In my practice I do not promise patients that I can produce B-cup breasts with reduction surgery. Don't forget that some tissue needs to be left in place to keep the nipple and areola alive.

All the best!

Web reference: http://www.vancouvercosmeticsurgery.ca

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

100 gram removal will not make a big difference in reducing size of breast

+1

I'm afraid 100 gram removal will not get you your desired size. My concern for you is that there might be some confusion on your part with the amount Tricare has approved for removal. I urge you to talk to your doctor and make sure you are both on the same page. I would hate for you to go ahead with the surgery and end up with no breasts. In general, someone with your size would not benefit from an insurance covered breast reduction. First of all, you are too small to be approved. Second, the result would be catastrophic. I would recommend you pay for your own reduction/lift so that YOU are in control and not the insurance company. Best wishes, Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

The average breast reduction

+1

It is hard to know if a reduction of just 100 grams will reduce your breast from a D to a B-cup. The average reduction amount is 350 to 550 grams per breast, and the 100 gram range is more in line with breast lift. My vote would be no, thought only an exam can confirm.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/breast-reduction

100 gram breast reduction

+1

I will echo the other comments - it sounds like you might not have accurate information.  I have never heard of insurance covering such a small breast reduction, and it is highly doubtful that such a small amount would reduce you 2 cup sizes.  Please talk to your surgeon again so that there is no confusion!

Breast Reduction Size Changes

+1

There is no true standardization in bra cup sizes.  Make sure your surgeon knows what you mean by a "B" cup. . . maybe showing him/her photos of your desired goals or a bra you would like to fit into would help.  100 grams is a minimal reduction and would typically not be covered by most insurance companies.  On the other hand, 1,000 grams from one breast would be a quite large reduction!.