Is the fraxel laser good for under eye wrinkles?

I have fine lines directly under my eyes. My doctor applied Botox to the outer eye area (where the lines were very minimal); but I still have fine lines. I've tried Fraxel under my eyes about 6 times last year, and saw a vast improvement. They still bother me though. Should I go back for more Fraxel to build more collagen? Thanks.

Eye lid skin

+2

Dear Healthoneforlife, there are many good options for your eyelid skin as you can see from the multiple answers. Sometimes a simple pinch blepharoplasty is all that it takes to clean up some fine lines. This is done with a litle freezing and removing a small amount of skin and sutrures for 4 days.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Combination therapy for under eye wrinkles

+1

The best way to treat the under eye area is through combination therapy.  This includes the use of Fraxel, Botox and Restylane to achieve the desired result.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel for under eye wrinkles

+1

Fraxel can work well for people with fine lines under their eyes.  Other options include CO2 laser, which produces a more dramatic effect or a lower blepharoplasty if you have excess skin and/or fat.  A plastic surgeon can evaulate you and help you decide what would be the best course of action for you!

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel for Wrinkles

+1

Thank you for your question. Fraxel eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers, redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Fraxel and Under Eye Wrinkles

+1

Fraxel works very well for under eye wrinkles.  Younger patients will be fine with the Fraxel Restore.  For deeper wrinkles, Fraxel Repair treatments will be needed or possibly
a lower lid blepharoplasty performed by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.  Any of these options can be done in conjunction with Botox or fillers to compliment your current regimen for the results desired

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines under the eyes

+1

my favourite laser for treating lines under the eyes is a combination of Fraxel Re-Store and Fraxel Re-pair. some patients might only need one or the other but I have seen better much lasting results with a combination treatment.

additionally Botox is a great adjunct to the laser treatment

Misbah Khan, MD

Yes, you may need another fraxel for the lines under your eyes

+1
In my experience, you need both Botox and the Fraxel to have a nice cosmetic result.  The area under the eye is an area that shows aging easily.  Repeat treatments may be needed.  Also, some filler may need to be injected under the trough area as well to have excellent results

Michele S. Green, MD

Fraxel and under eye wrinkles

+1

This device is great for improving under eye wrinkles.  In a younger patient with early lines, I would recommend the Fraxel Restore device.  For deeper wrinkles, it may be time for you to try the Fraxel Repair device to achieve the best results.

Lori Stetler, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel works for fine lines and wrinkles

+1

Fraxel works for fine lines and wrinkles but  if your wrinkles are right under your lashes they aren't reached by the laser.  These types of wrinkles are best treated by lower eyelid lift.  Lower lid blepharoplasty is a surgery that involves bruising and a week or two of recovery, longer for all of the swelling to down. If surgery isn't for you, continuing to do the Fraxel is fine.  You have a lot of experience with it and should know what to expect.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

The more laser treatments, the better the results

+1

The more treatments you get the better. Remember, the more aggressive the treatment (ablative CO2 laser is more aggressive than non-ablative lasers) the better the results. If you want almost no downtime it will take many treatments to get the same results as a ablative laser which will have 1-2 weeks of redness and healing.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon