What Fraxel Laser is Best for Vertical Lip Lines?

Which Fraxel do I need restore or refine, repair? I have verticle lines above my upper lips. The rest of my skin looks great, no acne, firm, small pores. I tried Restylane and it looked weird. So I am a bit scared of fillers. What should I do?

Vertical lip lines best treated with multiple pass CO2/Erbium

+3

We own both the repair and restore, in addition to 4 other resurfacing lasers.

1. The restore will do almost nothing for vertical lip lines.

2. Even with 2 treatments, the repair will probably only soften vertical lip lines.

3. The only way to predictably erase vertical lip lines is with multiple passes using traditional CO2 resurfacing, best accomplished in combination with an erbium laser. These lasers can be used on the upper lip in combo with the repair for the rest of the face, and this yields amazing results.

Research your physician very carefully. ask to see his/her own before and after photos of this procedure.

Take care,

Dr. Groff

San Diego Dermatologist

Vertical Lip Lines, What Fraxel Treatment is Best?

+1

Hi Marina,

Vertical lip lines require more aggresive treatment.  Of the Fraxel platforms that you have asked about, I would recommend Fraxel re:pair.  For deeper lines you may need 2 treatments for optimal results.

Be well.

Dr P

Repair

+1

For those deeper perioral lines, only higher energy fractional CO2 lassrs like Repair or Deep FX can make an improvement. Even then, deep lines may need two sessions. If you are fair, you can just have it done around the mouth and it will cost less than full face.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist