Does Fractional Co2 Laser Help with Active Acne?

I was told by a dermatologist that it was one good option to go with the fractional co2 laser even though i still have active acne and scars.

CO2 laser and scars

+1

You should have your acne under good control before considering CO2 laser treatments for your acne scars.

Toronto Dermatologist

Yes, I have used Fractional CO2 on patients with Mild Acne Outbreaks and Scars without problems

+1

Midfacial acne scars respond well to laser abrasion esp when subcision and fillers are added. Once I have a patient under fair control of their acne, I have found that the skin responds very well to this light based energy: with retexturing, softening, and smoothing out the contour irregulaities. I usually treat patients roughly 6Months apart to allow the redness to fade. M.Lyons,md

Michael B. Lyons, MD, FACS
Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional CO2 for Active Acne?

+1

Hello.  We would not agree that a fractional CO2 would be effective for active acne.  If the priority was textured (indented) acne scars and the active acne was very mild, this may be a good treatment option.  But if active acne is a significant concern, then we would not opt for a fractional CO2.

Fractional CO2 is good for textural issues, not active acne.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD