CO2 Laser After or Before Ulthera?

CO2 laser can be done after or before Ulthera? How long should I wait between both treatments? I appreciate your time and thank you !

Ultherapy and carbon dioxide laser

+1

It might be wise to wait six months or more after CO2 laser before Ultherapy but CO2 can be done soon after ultherapy, possibly even the same day, especially if it is fractional CO2. However, as Ultheapy has developed a more superficial transducer, this will treat the same plane of dermis as the CO2 laser and although the Ultherapy does not create an open wound, until it is researched further, there might be an affect on the dermis from the Ultherapy that could interfere with the healing of the CO2 laser. On the other hand, scientific studies may reveal conclusions that were not expected and it might be found that the ultherapy stimulates new collagen and blood flow that could help healing. The optimum time between treatments has not been studied and you need to discuss your treatment regimen in detail with your doctor.

Ulthera and co2 laser

+1

Having an Ulthera in my practice has added another level of therapy to my patients. Ulthera works from the inside out with no damage to the skin. The CO2 fractional lasers work from the outside in, improving sun damage, fine lines and pores. They both work great together. We usually do them both the same day. Ulthera first and the fractional to follow. Some patients do it a few days or weeks apart. It does not matter. You do want to see as much collagen production ASAP from both devices. Great combo treatment for those patients seeking a non-surgical approach. Thanks, Luis A. Vinas MD. West Palm Beach, Florida

Luis A. Vinas, MD