Dents and lumps 11 weeks after Liposuction. (photo)

Had traditional lipo mid April . 1.5 liters removed from upper lower abdomen and back . Second time liposuction on area, first was April 2013. I know I will need a revision . I'm freaking out about the results ... Will I look normal again ? What kind of improvement can I expect ? I know I need fat injections in dents I know I have to wait at least two more months for a revision . My stomach looks ok in some lighting but strong lights it's scary ! Please see pictures

Liposuction complications

+2
Thank you for your pictures. Revision is possible. Perfection is not possible. Improvement is possible. This will take several surgeries 

Tummy liposuction irregularities

+2
Thank you for your liposuction question.
  • Given the photos and history you provide, wait a full year before any revision.
  • The tummy is difficult to liposuction - perfection uncommon and and irregularities difficult to correct.
  • A second liposuction is even more difficult because of scar.
  • At the end of a year, unless your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, consult one as to whether a skin only tummy tuck to redrape/remove skin and or fat injections might help.
  • But if your stomach now is ok in certain lights - but not others - be careful before a 3rd operation.
  • And if you are judging your stomach by overhead fluorescent light - don't. It is unnatural, no one else sees us that way and it makes everyone and everything look terrible because of the yellow shadows it casts. Best wishes. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Dents and lumps 11 weeks after Liposuction.

+1
Would like to se a few befores posted so as to compare. I think you mightn't have been a candidate for liposuction. Now only directed fat grafts and or Skin only TT might help... 

Poor Liposuction Results

+1
My suggestion is to start lymphatic drainage and/or ultrasound or radiofequency treatments at this time.  Also, get into a very sound exercise routine, particuarly for lower/mid abdominal strenghtening.  If after 3 months of this, you still have lumpy bumpiness, then you may need a revision.  In that case I would seek an apporpriate revision physician (like myself) who uses both manual and laser liposuction to even out all the lumps, and also fat harvest to improve dents.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.

Too early to go results from liposuction.

+1
In the short-term contour regularities after liposuction are common. As long as the trend is favorable there's no reason to panic. The final result may not emerge for six months to a year.