Forehead Reduction (African American Male)

I have a very high forehead that makes my head look long and was wondering if there is a procedure out there that can reduce it. I heard about hairline transplants and some type of reverse brow lift procedure. Can you tell me what procedures are out there to correct this problem? Also I'm not sure if I'm showing signs of a receeding or if my high forehead just gives the illusion my hairline is receeding. But anyways i wear a size 8 hat so my head is large dont know if that plays a factor.

Forehead reduction not for male baldness

+1

Male pattern baldness is best treated with hair transplantation, not any of the scalp reduction procedures.  It is also important to remember that in the patient’s 20s and 30s the male pattern baldness has not completely presented itself yet and you may need more than one procedure over your lifetime.  

Hairline lowering procedure for high hairline

+1

I think the main question to answer here is whether this type of high hairline has been present all along, or is this something that has developed recently.  If the answer for the first question is yes, then the best corrective option would be hairline lowering surgery, where a portion of the forehead skin close to the hairline is excised and the hairline and the rest of the scalp is avanced anteriorly thus decreasing the distance between the hairline and the brows. If the second statement is correct, then this is most likely a male pattern baldness, and should be treated as such.  I would then be cautious with the hairline lowering surgery, since it does not prevent further hair loss, and will be a futile procedure with unsightly scar if the hair loss continues.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Male pattern baldness - receding hair line

+1

You do not state how old you are but this looks like early male pattern baldness. You have to assume the hairline will continue to recede back and if you choose to have surgery make sure the surgeon treats it like it has already receded further. That way if and when it does recede further back you will not be left with an unsightly result. These procedures need to be done like the surgery is being done for the future. If you just put some hair in front of the current hairline in can look freakish when the hairline moves backward.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Forehead reduction or hairline lowering.

+1

We invented the Irregular Trichophytic  Hairline lowering for patients like you IF you will not have any future hair loss. If you are going to have future hair loss then you would need hair transplants or the Fleming-Mayer Flap.