How Much Does Forehead Reduction Surgery Cost?

I have a large and high forehead and am very self conscious about it.My forehead also sticks out a little much as well. How much does it cost and what are the risks and how is it done?

Large forehead reduction and cost.

+1

I do this 2 different ways using the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline incision which we developed 30 years ago. If the elasticity of the scalp is flexible I can just advance the scalp. Otherwise, I use Tissue Expansion. With either procedure the bone can be shaved along the eyebrows at the same time.

Forehead reduction costs

+1

Reduction of  the forehead can be  done by lowering the hairline with a scalp advancement procedure.  If a great deal of reduction is required or if the scalp has little laxity, a two stage procedure with a tissue expander is used. Also bone reduction of a prominent forehead could be done in the same sitting adding cost.  An alternative process  would be to have hair transplantation to lower the hairline. Depending on your conditions and choice of procedures costs can be anywhere between $6000 and $20,000.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon