Flushed Face, Frontal Sinuses?

I have recently been to an ent who did a ct scan on my frontal sinuses, although they were clear I have a deviated septum and swollen turbinates or something or air pockets which needs to be corrected i can't remember exactly. It's all been getting worse since having a baby 4 months ago. I have been having a lot more episodes of feeling flushed in the face without a temp and my nose is blocked a lot and headaches. Any thoughts on what's going on I'm so sick of the red hot face and stuffy nose :(

Pregnancy commonly causes flushing and nasal congestion.

+1
I have had patients that had severe congestion and intranasal swelling starting in their first trimester. The swelling for some of them decreased after their child was born and for some it continued until after they stopped breastfeeding. If you have no previous congestion history you may want to wait. If you are considering another child then you might consider septoplasty and inferior turbinate reduction between pregnacies to decrease your suffering during the next gestation.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hormone shifts in pregnancy and the post-partum period can affect your nose!

+1

The hormone shifts that occur in pregnancy and in the post-partum period (whether you are breast-feeding or not), can cause nasal congestion, sinus headaches, migraines, allergic symptoms, nosebleeds, and facial flushing. It can take 6 months to a year after you stop breastfeeding for things to normalize. If you never had trouble breathing through your nose prior to your pregnancy, I would wait it out a bit and see if your symptoms improve. If you had trouble breathing through your nose prior to your pregnancy, i would consider surgery. Obviously, a full in-person examination and review of your imaging is needed to give you comprehensive advice.

Dara Liotta, MD