Rectangular Breasts? Normal? (photo)

I got breast implants on june 25. I was a b and deflated saggy c. I had 475 & 500 cc high profile silicone implants under the muscle. When will the squarish look go away and give me nice looking boobs? And is this normal?

Rectangular Breasts? Normal?

+2

Dear Agionet,

Thank you for your post.  Your implants are way to high right now causing a squarish look.  They will hopefully fall over the next few months.  If they do not then a revision can get you the desired look.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rectangular Breasts? Normal?

+2

It is quite common for large under the muscle implants to appear to be high-riding for up to 3 to 6 months. The appearance in the photos may be exaggerated by the fact that your arms are partially elevated. 

Massage and a pectoral strap may help speed up the process. All the best. 

Implants to high on the chest wall.

+1

The implants look abnormal because they are too high on the chest wall. By now they should have settled. You should check with your surgeon.

Implants and final shape

+1

Implants palced under the muscle that are very large may take a while to come back down. This can take 3-4 months for some.

Rectangular Breasts? Normal?

+1

Comparing the before posted photo to the afters you had a severe asymmetry and the result looks very good in my opinion. 

Pseudoglandular ptosis or sagging after a breast augmentation

+1

Your implants are in a high position which is not unusual after a submuscular breast augmentation.  You have a condition known as pseudoglandular ptosis where the breast tissue seems to fall off of the top of the implant.  This can improve as the implant drops.  Continue massage of the implant and stretching excises to allow the muscle to stretch out over the implant.  If the implants do not drop over the next 3 months you may need an inferior capsulectomy.  

High riding implants

+1

Your picture shows that the implants are still high.  I tell all my submuscular BAM patients  that on average the implants start to drop on the third or fourth week post op.n  Therefore, nothing to worry about.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Rectangular breast

+1

This may take soem time to resolve and may not fully because thiose are large impalnts for your body frame and I always tell my patients you can';t put a gallon of milk intop a quart container.Massage and maybe a compression strap across the top may help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon