Has Anybody Used Flex Hd from Mentor Instead of Alloderm in Breast Reconstruction?

Has Anybody Used Flex Hd  from Mentor Instead of Alloderm in Breast Reconstruction?

Breast reconstruction

+2

used Fex HD routinely in breast reconstruction. Same as alloderm, comes hydrated already, so less time to hydrate.Flex Hd is sterilized ready to use.Both are safe to use, and give the same results.

Alloderm vs flex hd

+1

I have used bothand prefer Flex HD. That said it is really surgeon preference. I would leave it up to you surgeon to pick the material he/she is most comfortable working with.

Flex Hd use in breast reconstruction.

+1

Thanks for the question.  Flex Hd is a dermal replacement product that can be used in breast reconstruction.  Other products that can also be used are Alloderm and Stratice.  All of these dermal replacements aid in reconstructing the lower portion of the breast and aiding in giving the breast a more natural appearance.  They all have different advantages and disadvantages and your doctor will be able to help sort out which is best in your particular set of circumstances.  Hope this helps.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon