Is It Possible to Find Low to No Cost Mommy Makeover Surgery Anywhere?

I am a 31 year old stay at home mom who has recently busted butt to lose 70 lbs and after having 3 c-sections and breastfeeding all 3 of those babies my body is in desperate need of repair but being a stay at home mom I can't afford it. Are there doctors who will take on a pro bono case possible for me due to my weight loss and such? I just want to be happy but even my size 8 jeans can't make me smile when I have to tuck my belly skin into them. thank you

No

+2

There is almost no way to get this surgery for no fee.  There may be parts of your state or parts of the country where plastic surgeon's fees are lower than where you are.  Also, you might check with a plastic surgery training program in your area.  The residents are always looking for cases to do as part of their training, and it is usually very inexpensive.

Mommy Makeovers cannot be Free

+2

Mommy Makeovers are a great way to regain your pre-pregnancy body. Unfortunately, these are elective cosmetic surgeries and there are costs involved.  While most of us do participate in charitable organizations offering free or highly discounted procedures to victims of accidents or domestic abuse, this does not apply for mommy makeovers. Mommy Makeovers are a great operation for women that can afford it.   If this is something you are serious about, you should obtain a price quotation from a board certified plastic surgeon and then see if you can afford it through savings or financing. The cost will make this an unobtainable goal for some people.  I agree that a resident clinic at a large teaching hospital may be your best chance to get the surgery, but the cost will still be several thousand dollars depending on the specific clinic.

Mommy makeover surgery

+2

You can see if a university hospital near you (perhaps University of Washington) has a plastic surgery training program which often times has low rates for plastic surgery performed by residents under supervision of senior surgeons. This is commonly known as a Resident's Clinic.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Cosmetic surgery is never free

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss. Depending on how much loose skin you have you may qualify for a panniculectomy (cutting just the excess skin that hangs down from your tummy) paid for by insurance. This will not address your breasts or give you the best result for your tummy, but it will make your jeans fit better. Best of luck.

Mommy Makeover Surgery - Usually Not Pro Bono

+1

Losing seventy pounds is a tremendous accomplishment. Unfortunately, when this type of weight loss occurs it’s often accompanied by the development of loose saggy skin. The breasts, abdomen, flanks, arms and thighs are especially prone to this type of sag.

Unfortunately, procedures of this type are expensive and aren’t generally done on a “pro bono” basis. In the Midwestern United States this type of procedure would cost between $11,000 and $13,000. This would include facility fees, surgeon’s fees, anesthesia charges and implant costs.

There’s probably no question that you would benefit from these procedures. Since you have limited funds and a significant need for these procedures you might consider other options. It might be possible to obtain plastic surgery financing through Care Credit. Staging these procedures might also be appropriate until more funds are available. In some cases, it may be possible to lower cost by going to a resident clinic at a teaching hospital.

The vast majority of massive weight loss patients develop excess saggy skin. The correction of these problems is not unique. If everything else fails, saving additional funds is a possibility. Although this may be difficult, it’s probably easier then losing seventy pounds.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Elective cosmetic procedures cannot be free

+1

Congratulations on losing a substantial amount of weight! Unfortunately, mommy makeovers cannot be offered at low to no cost as it is a more complex combination elective procedure that cannot be covered by insurance. In addition to a surgeon’s professional fees, there are additional costs in regards to anesthesia, facilities, and medical staff care that cannot be waived. I would advise finding a board certified plastic surgeon who provides financing options, such as CareCredit®, to help make a mommy makeover more affordable.

Athens Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover cost

+1

Congrats on your weight loss. Good job. The best way to get the surgery done is through financing. Most plastic surgeons work with these companies that have helped their patients. Barter for some of the fee can also be considered. All the best.

Cost

+1

I would advise you to visit one of the large medical centers in your area that have surgical training programs.

Mommy Makeover

+1

If you live near a university, perhaps they need clients to donate abdomens to give students (Plastic Surgery Students) an opportunity to practice tummy tucks and other procedures.  Otherwise, due to the high cost of overhead, pro-bono surgery is very rare, and with plastic surgery being on the downturn, incomes down, many plastic surgeons closing up surgery centers, economically, the timing is very bad.  I wish you the best on this challenging endeavor.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+1

Congratulations on your weightloss!  Unfortunately, I don't think that there is any surgeon who will perform surgery at no cost because there are other people involved with the surgery (nurses, anesthesiologists) and costs of the operating room, supplies, etc..

Sometimes having the surgery performed at a teaching institute will reduce fees.

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm