Fillers in Hands?

Can i have fillers in my hands? i did have fat transfer 18 months ago,but it was gone within 3 months,so i wondered if there was a filler which can be used.?

Fat Grafting for hands

+4

Not all fat grafting is created equal. Structural fat grafting involves small amounts (less than 0.1 cc at a time) of fat being carefully microinjected in a series of discrete layers to gradually 'build' new soft tissue structure. As there is space between each microinjection, new blood vessels are able to grow into the grafted fat, allowing it to persist. If this process of blood vessel ingrowth (neovascularization) does not occur, then the injected tissue cannot truly be considered a 'graft' and is instead just another 'soft tissue filler' of limited duration.

Fat Grafting requires specialized training and specialized surgical instruments, as well as patience and attention to detail on the part of the surgeon. When performed properly, permanent improvements. Fat grafting, in my opinion and experience is the only filler ideal for hands. Fat grafting in the hands can provide beautiful, long lasting natural looking results.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for hands

+3

We are starting to add the first batch of patients on our surgery schedule for revisions from hand injections from Radiesse. Their complaints are of lumpiness that does not go away.

Microdroplet fat injection is an option, with the usual pluses and minus of fat injection.

IPL treatments of the brown spots and PhotoFacials of the hands, along with microdermabrasion and light TCA peels are all options as well.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Radiesse is a good option

+2

Radiesse can be injected  and gives a good result and will last more than a year. Fat grafting is a better option but it is very surgeon and technique dependent.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse can produce very nice results in the hands

+2

I think Radiesse is one option to consider. It is readily available, can be performed in the office, and unlike fat, does not need to be overcorrected in order to see a durable result. It usually lasts at least a year, and in many cases longer.

It's important to find someone in your area that is comfortable performing this procedure, as it is relatively new. In addition, it can also be combined with a chemical peel to really rejuvenate the appearance of the hands quite nicely.

Dr. Salemy

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Radiesse in the Hands

+1
I've had great results using Radiesse to fill the hands.  I find warming the product prior to injections helps in avoiding lumpiness.  Results can last between 6-14 months.  Caution is needed in clients who have jobs involving fine motor skills (seamstress, tattoo artists, surgeon's, etc).  It's fine for them to be treated, they just need to know that swelling following treatment can effect them.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Hand fillers

+1

Some surgeons are using fat injections to augment the dorsum of the hand to improve the aged appearance. Some doctors use radiesse and juvederm, but lumpiness can happen.