Do fillers address vertical lines around lips and droopy sad mouth?

Best treatments for lines on lips and droopy, sad mouth

+1
Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero are the best options for correcting lip problems. They are used to replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. They can restore the natural contour of the upper and lower lip and enhance the Cupid’s bow area. Lifting the corners of the mouth gives a hint of a smile and reduces the “sad or angry look” when they are down turned. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link above to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for Lip Lines

+1
In my office I may recommend laser resurfacing, fillers, Botox or a combination of those treatments to improve lines around the mouth, but generally speaking yes, fillers can improve those concerns. If you wanted to try a filler I find that Belotero works best for lines around the mouth. Belotero is a thin filler that works on the “etching” lines commonly found above the lips and on the forehead. Belotero is specifically designed to integrate into your skin and mold to your facial contours giving you immediate smooth and natural results that can last up to 9 months. For corners of the mouth I like to inject Restylane. It is best to have a consultation with a Board Certified Dermatologist so they can assess what treatment you will need based on your facial anatomy.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating lines around the mouth and depressed corners can be done with fillers

+1
Depending on the depth of your wrinkles and folds, there are many different fillers to choose from.  Fine lines around the mouth are best treated with Belotero, while deep marionette lines respond well to Perlane or Voluma.  All of these are made from Hyaluronic acid, a natural substance that is already found in your skin. It binds to water and provides volume.  Your Dermatologic Surgeon can determine which ones are right for your needs.

Carolyn Jacob, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
You should be evaluated first to determine the best course of action for you, but I will give you some general answers.

After 15 years and over 50,000 patients injected, I can say that the vertical lines around the mouth can be very difficult to treat with fillers. They are typically "etched in" and too narrow and deep to get the filling effect.
Nasolabial folds and marionette lines do much better.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Fillers for around the mouth

+1
I would recommend making an appointment with a board certified physician who can address your specific concerns. Generally speaking, fillers are an excellent choice for improving the areas that you are inquiring about. Best wishes. 

Emily M. Wise, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers Will Help, Seek an Expert

+1
One of the hardest area to treat is around the mouth, including the larger structural issues and the fine lines.  Fillers will help, but you must seek someone with advanced training who is an expert in the field.  You may need combination treatment with fillers, neuromodulation like botox or dysport, and/or laser resurfacing of some sorts.  Possibly even fractional radiofrequency would be helpful as well.  But without seeing, there is no way to give an expert opinion.  You should seek a cosmetic consultation from a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who frequetly uses these treatment modalities.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Addressing lines around mouth and sad mouth.

+1
It would be best if you would be evaluated in person to determine your individual problems. I would recommend seeing a board certified specialist in cosmetic procedures (dermatologist, plastic surgeon) and insist on the physician doing the injection. Usually fillers are a great choice to help improve the problems you are noticing. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for Lip Lines and Droopy Mouth

+1
Fillers can be an excellent choice to deal with these problems.  I have added a video to show you what can be done. There are a number of filler choices and treatments can be over done so make sure you see someone who is an expert injector (look at their credentials and their before and after photos).

I hope this helps.  Best regards,

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon