Fat Injections to Correct Breast Asymmetry?

I'm interested in having something done to my breast because the right side is one cup size smaller than the left. But I was wondering, can I have fat injected into my breast instead of silicone implants?
I don't want to have Macrolane injections because I don't know how safe it is, and I don't want implants. I hate the fake look. Help me please.

Fat injection for Breast Assymetry. Good idea.

+1

I think fat injection is a great idea to correct breast asymmetry. It allows the fat to be placed exactly where you need it, in contrast with an implant which is very limited in its placement options.

You do need to know about the specific risks for this procedure, but it in not as risky as we used to think. A good mammographer can differentiate between fat necrosis from fat injection and other breast surgery, and calcification from breast cancer.

Go for it.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections to the breast

+1

Fat injecting to the breast can be performed, but it is still a bit controversial.  If there is a significant size difference, you may be better off with an implant even though you prefer not to have one.

Fat injections may help

+1

Fat injections can be used to correct breats asymmetry. However, treatment of asymmetry can include treatment of both breasts to obtain better symmetry in many cases. Or you may have other factors in your asymmetry, such as nipple asymmtery or skin envelope issues, that may require other treatment. Implants, either saline or silicone are more commonly used to correct breast asymmetry. Most surgeons do not perform fat grafts and there are no standards for breast fat grafting as of yet. The Brava method combined with fat grafts requires your active participation and is performed by few surgeons at present.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections to correct breast asymmetry

+1

Fat injections can be performed but remains controversial.

It may make the interpretation of future mammograms more difficult. If you are at higher risk for developing breast cancer this may play a role in the decision making process. The other option is to consider the BRAVA system.

Call around to find plastic surgeons who may be willing to use fat injections as an option.