Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery Tips

i also had breast lift & aug, tummy tuck & lipo and the fat injections into buttocks on 7/30. was only told to walk alot and im now reading that i was actually suppose to stay off my butt. well ive been sitting because of all the pain i had endured with all the procedures combine. have i damaged my the cells in the butt already? what else can i do to help improve my rump?

Recovery tips after your Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Hope you have recovered well from your procedure you had a little over a month ago. You should have been given post-operative instructions that state the importance of not sitting directly on the buttocks the first two weeks after the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. The reason you are instructed not to do this is because the fat cells injected are delicate and sitting on them could damage their survival.

Given that you had surgery on 7/30, you should be able see your final results in about another month to month and half. It takes some time for bruising and swelling to heal, and once the body has had an appropriate time to heal, you are able to see if your results have been compromised by sitting down post-operatively. Wish you the best of luck with your recovery.

Recovery after brazilian buttock lift

+2

Ideally you should avoid sitting for about 2-3 weeks after a fat transfer to the buttock (brazilian buttock lift). The pressure of sitting can decrease the survival of the fat cells and decrease the overall volume of the buttocks. The longer you avoid sitting, generally, the better the outcome.Discuss this in detail with your surgeon and follow the instructions closely.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift tips

+2

While ideally it would be beneficial to stay off the buttocks as much as possible,  it is equally, if not more important, to get out of bed as soon and as much as possible. I recommend to my patients to refrain from sitting too  long for the first 4-5 days. During this time patients should change positions from lying to sitting to standing and walking. When sitting you should get up every 20-30 minutes if possibel to relieve the pressure. After 5 days you can sit more freely but not resume normal sitting for 2 weeks following surgery. By 6 weeks you will have a fairly clwar picture regarding the status of your buttocks. There are many factors involved in the success of bittock augmentation using fat transplantation. Your surgeon should have reviewed with them with you. Theer is a certain percentage of patients who will need a second procedure regardless of how much or little they sat post-op.

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazillian butt lift

+1

There are no studies to refer to in trying to answer your question. I do many Brazilian but lifts (it's my most common surgery) and I can't tell you if sitting on the fat within a week of surgery is OK or not. Logic says it's not a good idea and the issue of pulmonary embolisms and being sedentary is a valid one. If you were my patient I would allow you to sit on the areas I didn't inject. I have found that sitting forward is often better than lying on your back. Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon; he or she can best tailor your post op plan to suit your needs.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

These are post operative instructions you should have received from your surgeon.

I usually tell my patients to buy a pillow donut or two and sit on the donut so that the bulk of the fat transfrred is in the hole of th donut and pressure is applied on the transfres fat.

As to your case and how much damage, you will know when you see the final results in 12 weeks

The success of any surgery depend on the execution of the surgery and FOLLOW THE PREOPERATIVE AND POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS OF YOUR SURGEON. Otherwise you are responsible for the results.

For any surgery small or big you should have preoperative and post operative instructions, the dos and donts, the garment, if your surgeon does not provide you with all the information then find another surgeoon who is willing to spend the time and effort to make your surgery a success.

Brazilian butt lift recovery tips.

+1

Congradulations on your recent surgery. My advice would be to follow the directions your surgeon has recommended. I tell patients it is okay to sit on your butt, just not for long periods of time.

Jaime Perez, MD